New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Hi,

Good Morning. Tanong ko lang kung para sa inyo eh ano ang pipiliin niyo? Iniisip ko kasi ipagpalit na yung Nissan Cefiro ko dito sa Nissan Verita. What do you think? Appreciate any help you can give me. Thanks.

Regards,
    Buzz_A32

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Verita's more practical, the Cefiro's more luxurious.

The only problem with the Verita is it shares no parts with other local Nissan models... but since it's basically a Nissan Micra in disguise, importers of the Micra (and there are many) may be able to get you parts.

And the interior appointments are incredibly posh for a small car, to boot.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    I wouldn't do that if I were you. Its just a glorified March and is priced way above its worth even in the 2nd hand market. And its only available in 4AT and a 1.3L engine so performance is bad. And then it wouldn't be as easy to find parts for it as you would for any other car as it was sold in limited quantities and the March is not sold locally. Why are you going to sell the Cefiro anyway? Is it because of the gas mileage and/or high maintenance cost? If so, I'd suggest you get the Exalta instead of the Verita if you are into this sort of cars. It at least has better performance, more space, better parts availability, and is priced similarly or even lower than the Verita.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Thanks niky and GTi.

GTi, yes fuel consumption is the primary concern. I have been thinking of selling the cefiro and purchase another car. I saw a Nissan Vetira yesterday and the exterior as well as the interior is classic. Plus, it's rare. There's one in sulit up for sale, for around 200k. Fits the budget perfectly, since the cefiro more or less can be sold on that range. I just thought that it will be nice to have a fuel efficient car for a change.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Nakita ko nga. 200+k pero palapit na sa 300k which is very expensive for this car. With a similar budget you can get a Vios or a JDM Honda Fit already. I don't find it to be worth the money. Kung gusto mo ganon talaga yung parang pseudo luxury I suggest you get the Exalta talaga.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Why bother getting a JDM Fit that's been converted when you can simply buy a local Jazz for a tiny bit more?

-

200k isn't bad... and that's still less than what an Exalta of the same age goes for.

Yun nga lang... 4AT. Which sucks.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Yup, but you still have to add quite a bit of an extra. And so far the Verita's I've seen for sale online are bordering on 300k already with the cheapest at 288k and with even those with asking prices of above 300k.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Yeah... was kinda wondering... 200 is kinda low (and JDM Fits, AFAIK, are around 300k, too... 250k is as low as you can go, but you have to drive all the way up to Port Irene and buy straight from there...)...

200k... flooded? Eep!

9. Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Buzz_a32: i'm selling my nissan verita 2003 model with 29k mileage only. Casa maintained sya with service records. Used only for weekends and coding that's why it has low mileage.

Email me at jlingao*gmail.com if interested.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    for a little more money, i would prefer the vios. user space, ease of maintenance (daw!), fuel frugality...

2002 Nissan Verita or 2000 Nissan Cefiro