New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Ano mas pipiliin niyo sa dalawa?

2nd hand na yung Cefiro. Yung Altis S brand new.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    ano na ba mileage ng cefiro? kung mababa or reasonable naman, id get the cefiro pero it really depends sa gagamit ... may driver or wala, daily driven or not?

kung may driver cefiro ako, kng wala altis na lang. pero hindi na sulit un altis kahit yun S kasi papalitan n yan e. kung new car, iintayin ko na lang yun new lancer 2.0 or even the new corolla.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Hmm... Panong papalitan na ang Altis?

Di ko alam kung ilan yung mileage eh. Pero hindi naman sha gagamitin everyday. Pang alternate lang. May driver kapag ginamit since hindi naman ako marunong pa mag drive. Pero kapag natuto ako, siguro ako na haha.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The Altis 'S' is not really something for the driver-driven crowd. It's aimed at the younger market segment. There are other more mature trim levels of the Corolla. Trim levels that have ABS and airbags as standard equipment.

The Cefiro is not a bad car. It's a good 2.0liter sedan. There are lots of good 2nd hand buys out there. But you have to know how to look. Cefiros, being in the upper end of the market tend to be well taken care of by their owners.

However, if you're not very good at looking at used vehicles, just get a brand new one.

Personally, between the two, I'd take the Cefiro. Btw, the new Corolla is just around the corner so discounts and freebies might be coming soon to speed up disposal of the current stocks.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    tama, kung may driver a cefiro is a good car. pampered ang dating with all the options available yan at brougham specs. But if you will be driving, a corolla is better, with a good fuel economy and easier to handle.
    Same price ba itong dalawa? the cefiro should be cheaper, way cheaper.
    Last edited by ale828; July 13th, 2007 at 03:45 PM.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Thanks for the replies mga ser. I'm gonna get the Altis na. But not type S since 3 mos. pa daw bago magkaroon ng supply ang type S. O_O

Type E nalang kunin namin. May problem kasi sa Cefiro eh. Hindi sha kasya sa eskinita papuntang house namin haha. Sayang. Haaaay.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    i'd prefer the 02 Cefiro Elite better. It's the model with sunroof sans the TV/VCD, massager, lazy boy seat etc. The car looks younger and isnt that 'dyahe' to be self driven IMO.
    If i really wanted an Altis, i wouldnt buy a new "S" variant and be pissed in about a couple of months with the arrival of the next gen Corolla Altis. Instead, i'd get a good used 03-04 Altis E (since, i bet you prefer manual) and pimp it more than that of the Altis S.

8. Join Date
    May 2007
    If you have the budget for unexpected major repairs, go for the Cefiro. It's comfortable and not even comparable to the ride of the Altis. It's not really apples to apples if you ask me. Cefiro is far superior in all respects.

But a second-hand Cefiro may need a bit of TLC. Expect aircon and suspension problems to come out. Budget should be at least 150k for major repairs on a 5 year old car. Get the Elite instead of the Brougham which has a two-toned dated image to it. The rims also look very similar to the 1982 Benz rims. While the elite looks better.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    moot and academic na mga tsikoteers, dahil maski ano pa sabihin natin in favor of the cefiro, di nga daw kasya ang cefiro sa kanila, kaya altis na lang siya. Dapat ang mga suggestions maibigay natin kay hologram, ay kung anong klaseng altis ang kukunin niya.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    hehe 2nd hand vs brandnew? ...iba pa din ang brandnew kahit sabihin mong fullpack yung 2ndhand..

2002 Nissan Cefiro Brougham or Brand New Corolla Altis S