New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    May 2006
    Yung trooper talaga maganda lalo na yung white na skyroof pogi talaga. The reason pajero ang kinuha ko kasi well pajero eh. Tsaka napansin ko na sa 2nd hand market, lamang ng at least 100k ang pajero sa trooper same year model. So I was thinkin na in the future baka lalo lumaki ang difference sa presyo, baka after 3 to 5 years half nalang ang price ng trooper sa pajero. Another thing is naka kwentuhan ko yung mga mechanics sa casa ng isuzu nung pina service ko yung crosswind ko. Talagang aminado sila na maselan ang makina ng trooper. Dapat sa casa lang talaga ang maintenance. MAGANDA KUNG SA MAGANDA ANG TROOPER KAYA LANG MASELAN. In other words pag naka trooper ka at ayaw mong masiraan o kaya panatag ang loob mo, hostage ka ng casa sa servicing.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    the best--- malaman mo if the previous owner took care of hte trooper sa andar ng makina nya n hindi umuusok ng black smoke kahit naka idle lang... and check the dipstick.. the oil of the trooper is very picky... only the besco or the counterpart which is from petron can be used, see if the oil runs talaga and hindi malapot.... and the engine is a bit quiet kc commonrail cya... try feeling kung nahirapan cya changing rpm while idle when you turn on the aircon.. you would feel a certain jolt.. thats the injectors.. but not to worry,minor prob lng ng trooper yan that could be fixed.... and try test driving it... and the important thing is who drives the trooper.. you would know alot sa porma ng owner ng car...

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Was able to get a 2nd hand Trooper '02 Skyroof model which our company auctioned recently. It was a choice between this and an '01 FM Pajero but the latter had already 79k mileage while the Trooper only had 51k mileage. I was willing to bid higher for the Trooper due to the lower mileage and also because of the more powerful engine. Plus since the company maintains it the servicing is completely done through the Isuzu dealership which I had access to and was able to make a decision on bidding higher for the Trooper. The Pajero of course also had complete service records with the Mitsubishi dealership.

Am really happy that my bid got awarded since the highest bidder backed out and mine was the 2nd highest at PHP788k. Looking at the classifieds the 2nd hand market price was around PHP850k so at the end of the day it was satisfying to get the Trooper at a very good price and at the same time knowing its full service history.

So just be patient and vigilant and you might just find the perfect Trooper/Pajero for you. I was really lucky because in my case I was able to satisfy my cardinal rule in buying 2nd hand which is buying from someone you know

4. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    if you really like isuzu trooper, get 99 mdls with 4jg2 engine 4x4 pa. hindi ka na mag woworry sa engine. napaka reliable nito based on other threads and based on my experience, hindi ganun kaselan tulad ng 4JX1 yun nga lang di CRDI pero i think its more powerful than 4m40 ng fieldmaster(correct me if im wrong mga peeps). mas mura pa and yung matitipid mo ay ibili mo ng mga aesthetics para maging skyroof edition look. happy hunting. 4jg2 hakuna matata

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    4jg2 3.1 TDi of the Trooper also makes 125bhp. That is also my preferred engine for the Troopie.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
2002/3 Trooper 3.0 or 2002/3 Pajero 2.8