New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    hello mga tsikoters!

sorry, di ako madalas nakaka online kaya bihira lang ang post ko.

haven't decided yet on which to get. I'll have to go with your suggestion first to take a test drive to get a better feel of both.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Kung pogi points ang pag-uusapan... sa Rav4 nako...
    Honda CRV for me... parang daming tinipid dito just for it to compete with the AUVs and cute-utes of that time... Lately pangit na rin quality control ng Honda Phils. e...

3. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP View Post
    Harsh is relative. Better do a test drive to find out for yourself.

Even the Vitara and the Pajero's rides are described as harsh sometimes. Pero ok lang naman for me. Minsan depende talaga sa tao.
    yep. ride harshness is very subjective. for me, my crv's ride is ok and is not a long way off from my previous 97 civic. it doesnt even bother me during long drives ----> legazpi to manila (about 10-12 hours).

4. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    we have a 10-seater gen2 CRV. personally i still find the ride smoother than our gen2.5 pajero which i assume is due to the CRV's car based platform. although when i pass through potholes sometimes i feel the rear bounce. it has an advantage when driving on zigzag mountain roads since you can attack the turns as if you're driving a car on lowering springs since there's not much body roll.

CRV is roomier and a much more practical vehicle. just get the 5-seater 4x2 or if it's still within the budget, the 4x4.

RAV4 looks more fun and exciting. the 4x4 is a plus.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    2001 RAV4 and 2003 CR-V... get the CR-V as it will be fresher. it's larger and roomier too. more refined than the RAV4 too. quality is top-notch (still no squeaks and rattles on ours, amazing!) and reliability has been perfect (zero unscheduled maintenance stops)

cons: anonymity, firm ride, a bit heavy on the gas, can feel underpowered on highways, particularly when overtaking.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
2001 Toyota Rav4 vs. 2003 Honda CR-V