New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    last time may nag alok patrol lights upgrade around 60k for all except sa bumper lights sa front. change ka na lang ng bullbar na bumper and attach aftermarket aux lights.

like kay Boybi na bumper. or this.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    from your post i can already sense that you are already sold on the PATROL...Go for it...

3. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    arb -- the patrol already has a bull bar and fog lamps but i am removing it. i like the plain look better. if you want it, i can sell it to you

as for the lights, the price is now 35K lang. it used to be about 70K daw

the other items i am removing at the egr headlamp cover. if you are interested in this, tell me also. i am keeping the egr hood guard however

kimpoy -- well, its about 70% for the patrol already. i did talk to my toyota agent and he said that he will give me an update by july 2. lets see. at any rate, my friend promises to hold the partol for me, hehehehe. so as it stand right now, its all weighed in for the patrol

4. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    go for the patrol na, but don't spend all the money you save on upgrades. set aside about P50,000 for incidental repairs. with that, you still have P150,000 to play with.

or just save the P200,000 and you will have free diesel and maintennance for the next two years. you can't beat that as a sales pitch.

andy

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i4x4 mo na yan if d pa 4x4, then lift it up with springs and shocks upgrade, then 33in tires. ganda na yan sobra.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by luckytruck
    go for the patrol na, but don't spend all the money you save on upgrades. set aside about P50,000 for incidental repairs. with that, you still have P150,000 to play with.

or just save the P200,000 and you will have free diesel and maintennance for the next two years. you can't beat that as a sales pitch.

andy
    bro -- tama ka. sakto ka bai. better to save the money.

however, one indulgence i would like to do is really go for the new tires and rims and probably a little lift up, hehehehe

7. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by KCboy
    i4x4 mo na yan if d pa 4x4, then lift it up with springs and shocks upgrade, then 33in tires. ganda na yan sobra.
    bro -- tanong lang. what if i want to maintain my stock springs but go for Old Man Emu shocks (yung self adjusting daw) but i would like some more oommph on my tires and rims, what is your suggested tire size and rims? and where is the best place to get this where i can get a good deal.

for me, a good deal is when the seller sells me something and then he tells me that if i can find another shop that can sell it for me cheaper, then he will match the price but give better service

boybi/arb -- same question po

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    this thread really helped me hehehehehe. anyway congrats 111prez on your newly acquired PATROL (nabili mo na nga ba?). eye opener talaga yung resale value after 3 years. a second hand and a brand new vehicle almost having the same resale value!!!!

9. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by jim
    this thread really helped me hehehehehe. anyway congrats 111prez on your newly acquired PATROL (nabili mo na nga ba?). eye opener talaga yung resale value after 3 years. a second hand and a brand new vehicle almost having the same resale value!!!!
    yep, the resale value was really an eye opener for me. at the same time, i believe that i am getting a good deal. i checked the buy and sell ads (both print and internet) and the selling price of these 2001 patrols are anywhere from P1.2M to P1.4M pa with between 40K to 70K on the odometer pa.

lets just say that we shook hands on it already but he also understands the july 2 feedback i am waiting from toyota.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    if you want a little ooooomph in the mags and tires area, i am fairly sure that you can fit 16 x 8 rims and 32 inch mud tires on a stock patrol without any suspension lift. this should set you back only p 50 to 60,000. this will give you the off road look

if you want the street look, going with 18 inch rotas and nankang tires, will set you back about P60,000 if i recall correctly

guys, please correct me if i am wrong.

andy

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
2001 Nissan Patrol GU or 2005 Fortuner G?