New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by gabzz
    Autobeat do u think 55k km sa odo is just normal for a car that has been around since 2001? di ba masyadong gamit na?
    With that reading, it was not probably used as a spare car, but a daily ride. It is slightly above what I would hope for a 2001 model, but still not so bad. If it was no longer CASA serviced the past 2 years, at least check for proof of regular oil changes still in the past 2 years (should be around 4). If ok naman, them maybe ok na. You can take care of the CRV better already once you get it. I admit, tempting makakuha ng orig na soundcruiser ng gen1 CRV. Hehe. Black rin ba kulay nito?

may bagong soundcruiser ang crv right? pero mas malupet ata ang set-up, dvd system na tapos can play mp3 pa.
    I'm not sure lang for the gen2 CRV. I'd pick Gen1 over Gen2 CRV pa rin though.

2. Join Date
    May 2005
    Had this type of an SUV before and it is very much worth owning it. It is a good thing that the tyres are new since I had a very bad experience before while changing tyres. Brought the car to Evangelista and they immediately put on the jack to lift the car. Normal it may seem but as soon as I went up the Magallanes flyover, I noticed my car to be very bumpy. Guess what, my front shock absorbers leaked after they have lifted my car. Asked my friendly SA and was told that it may really leak if you lifted your car and it is still warm. Better have it cooled down first before lifting it. Anyway, he told me where to buy original parts and I just had it installed by Servitek. Some Honda parts are made by some companies and relabelled as Honda.

That is a good buy at that price. Lesson though is that you must allocate 20-30k for possible repairs when buying second vehicles. IMHO, just be ready for possible expenses and do not take the word of the previous owner verbatim.

Ex. You may ask him to provide receipts of previous repairs that were done. Next, ask for the new tyres receipt and for all you know, the JO might be attached and this will tell you the odo reading. Just to be on the safe side.

Anyways, congratulations to your new ride. Enjoy.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    yes, it's black in color, naku gastos na naman sa palinis, yung dati ko kasi black car din. Thanks for that very helpful information fireblade, bdw ano mileage mo sa soundcruiser mo? With what you said na kelangan ng 20-30k for repairs, the more i need tlga na makahingi pa ng discount, i'll try nalang my best to bring it down hanggang 550k. Thanks for all the tips and pointers guys, to those na gus2 ring magbigay ng tips nila, pls feel free to do so,i'm sure it'll be some help to me and to those people in similar situation as mine.

congratz nalang sa bagong ride mo

last models ng gen.1 cr-v..before the AUV-ized gen2 cr-v

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    tawaran mo pa kahit hanggang 540k,..for me, 560k is kinda TOO much for an almost 5 year old ride, even gud condition pa..then 55k mileage na? meron kang mahahanap na maayus-ayus at matinong gen1 '00-'01 na 530k or as less as 480k meron. Why I know that, bcoz I'm selling cars too,.. beliv me, medyo sobra yun pare,.. take a look at this scenario I had just last year,. meron nagpabenta sakin ng '00-'01 model na crv a/t white,.. w/ tire case, aluminum step board, roof rail, spoiler, w/ euro lights, strut-bar etc..less 40k mileage, how much his asking price???.. a very low P460k LANG,..NEG. pa .. yun nga lang very rush sale kasi, kaya sobrang mura nun.. i was given only 1 week to transact that,. ayuun, luckily i've sold it for ONLY P480k,. kumita pako, hehe,.. jackpot ang nakabili nun, swerte! tsk tsk.

OT: For me naman, it's kinda stupid for him to sell that fresh gen1 under 500K!?!..gulat din ako kasi luge talaga siya,. sa accessoris pa lang magkano na. Well he really needs the money asap & and he'll go abroad, that's the main reason.

Pero kung titignan mo sa mga buy and sell and other fields of it,.. naglalaro lang yan betwn sagad na 540k or as low as 480k. But it's really up to you dud, if you really want the car, then go for it,.. but to remind you again,.. BARGAIN FOR MORE BRADER! gud luck!

6. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    yes, it's black in color, naku gastos na naman sa palinis, yung dati ko kasi black car din. Thanks for that very helpful information fireblade, bdw ano mileage mo sa soundcruiser mo? With what you said na kelangan ng 20-30k for repairs, the more i need tlga na makahingi pa ng discount, i'll try nalang my best to bring it down hanggang 550k. Thanks for all the tips and pointers guys, to those na gus2 ring magbigay ng tips nila, pls feel free to do so,i'm sure it'll be some help to me and to those people in similar situation as mine.
    we still own a 99 CRV, had it repainted to look like 2001 1st gen CRVs, installed new alarms and tints and new captain seats. but it's manual and hindi yun soundcruiser na kinuha mo. kaya hindi ko ma-i-compare.

but overall performance, pangmatagalan ito. 7 years na sa min and malamang baka tumagal pa ng 3-5 more years.

we have every confidence with this car. i'm sure you'll enjoy yours too.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    as long as it has the more powerful 150hp B20Z engine compared to the older B20 with 120+hp, oks na yun.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by rayban7g
    tawaran mo pa kahit hanggang 540k,..for me, 560k is kinda TOO much for an almost 5 year old ride, even gud condition pa..then 55k mileage na? meron kang mahahanap na maayus-ayus at matinong gen1 '00-'01 na 530k or as less as 480k meron.
    well, the fact that it's a soundcruiser version (upgraded audio, sport seats), doesn't that add to the resale value of the car? di kaya yun ang reason kaya cguro mas mahal ng konte? what i'm thinkin is, if ever i'll buy a 2001 crv and still spend money to upgrade the audio then i might as well get this soundcruiser version coz mukhang maganda na audio nya. Thanks for the advice pre, i'll try my luck cguro sa 550k, but on 540 i doubt if the owner would even consider it. Thanks

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
2001 crv soundcruiser for 560k? shud I take it?