New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    i agree with you with that sir otep... but maintenance point of view, if it is a major oil leak, which is common to cefiros, it involves bringing down the engine. sometimes the transmission. budget wise its not cheap.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Depends on where you have the job done. Casa, madugo talaga. But the Nissanbayan.com guys have their resources.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by abort_retry
    correct me if im wrong.. they say the dreaded illness of the cefiro vq engine is oil leak.... that shied me away from buying a cefiro. bang for the buck resale value but if i would spend a lot more from just replacing oil seals, i would rather go for an accord.
    There was an explanation to this before (something with the weight or the power of the engine) but changing all the gaskets can fix that... The CASA i used to go do practically had an engine down every other week for a gasket change... This usually happens in the mileage of around 80,000km thereabouts (i didnt occur on our Cefiro though). My friends who had the gaskets changed on their rides said to set aside around 20K or so if i can recall it right (there's a thread on this in Nissanbayan before) and after that no problem na. They also advice to change the water pump na rin if you bring down the engine.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    how much po ang 2001 Cefiro and Camry? ngayon

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    '01 Cefiro - Around the high 400s to 550K
    ' 01 Camry - 450K to 580K depending on condition (this is the model with the crystal rear lights na).

6. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbundle
    Thanks guys for all the inputs. Settled on the cefiro. got a 2002 model (old body) with about 25tkms on it. Since 95 octane lang pwede ilagay, Petron XCS plus ang nakikita sa mga stations na may 95 octane aside from the more expensive blaze, velocity.

will be bringing it to big berts for detailing any other thing i should check into with this car?
    congrats, that's a good buy!

saw a cefiro re-badged as an Infiniti I30...trying hard ba? they're essentially the same car right?

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Pareho lang sila. 3.0 lang yung V6 ng I30. Rebadge kit available in Autosport Megamall.

Yung unang labas ng Cefiro, kamukhang kamukha ng I30 yun.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    that generation of the camry is blaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand... accord is still the best, but as others have noted, sa baba ng presyo ng cefiro sa used-car market, panalong panalo ka na rin. maganda ring pormahan yung cefiro na iyan

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by corbon44
    congrats, that's a good buy!

saw a cefiro re-badged as an Infiniti I30...trying hard ba? they're essentially the same car right?
    The I30 has more borloloi and insulation. I've seen orginals here, actually. Since Infinitis are all available in LHD, they're pretty common.

The one that makes me drool is the "Maxima" badged Cefiro, I saw. I don't know if it was an original Max (dual tailpipes say it may be), but just the thought of that powerful sleeper here... mmmmm.....

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by niky
    The one that makes me drool is the "Maxima" badged Cefiro, I saw. I don't know if it was an original Max (dual tailpipes say it may be), but just the thought of that powerful sleeper here... mmmmm.....
    I already rode one here (belonged to the barkada of my college friend)... sweet 3.0L with an MT!!! Rated 0-100kph time is in the 6secs+ range if i recall the C&D, Motor Trend issues correctly.

There are some that go up for sale from time to time at 300K or even less (96-97 model US Maxima).

A Cefiro with proper 17" or 18" rims looks so sweeeet; plus you dont even have to lower it and you can still use thicker sidewalled tires.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
2001 Cefiro Elite vs 2001 Toyota Camry GXE