New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Ahy naku mag altis ka na lang, bulok kasi ang civic. mas okay pa sentra at familia.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Actually I agree w/ Mr. IGNITED... the GT-S is the choice for me also.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    I'd pick VTi manual, perhaps the best bread-and-butter 1.6-liter engine before VVTi. It's quick yet economical. Some argue it's even more efficient than the non-VTEC LXi, but any fuel consumption difference is negliglible. However, performance, as I've said before, is more than just 100 cc!

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by IGNITED View Post
    Anyways for me maybe I'll choose the Sentra GTS, it's looks good na at stock trim, and use the extra remaining buck for maintenance and maybe even set it more up.
    But again bottom line pick the one that is maintained well.. either of the two naman is good.
    The GTS is definitely a nice and rare car to find in good condition. Having owned both an EK and B14, the EK is faster out of the box but once you put in basic bolt-ons on the GA16 engine (I/H/E) and it pretty much can hold its own and even has a better advantage over the EK on the track due to it's good mid-range power.

IF you're looking at an Exalta, it's advantage is it has ABS, airbags and some extra luxury goodies while the Civic will win in the space and performance side.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Hi guys!! my first post. Sakto kasi! Anyways my mom drives a 2000 vti while my bro has a sentra GT-S. Actually since I'm a fresh grad and soon going to go to work na, my dad and ma are givin me a choice to pick one of the 2 cars. It was quite hard to choose between the 2 huh! but I came to love more my brother's sleek black semi tricked out GT-S. Like my bro... bec. of my bro actually , I also love settin up cars and I dont want to be one of them civic tuners out there.

I beg bto disagree with you sir squala and coz for me vtec is still better than the vvti up to now.. sorry. and to you sir vinj, I have the same opinion coz my bros GTS has a more torquey feeling than the my mom's vti, dunno maybe it's bec. the sentra has a few set up in it's engine.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Civic! Performance, Resale, Parts....coz i am a fanboi too.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Chelsea_318 View Post
    I have the same opinion coz my bros GTS has a more torquey feeling than the my mom's vti, dunno maybe it's bec. the sentra has a few set up in it's engine.
    That's a classic Honda vs. Nissan story. Honda engines usually have better top end (at the expense of mid range power and torque) while the Nissans have better mid-range power and torque. Stock to stock, in a straight line the Honda will get ahead, in a circuit the Nissan has an advantage.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    civic hands down!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
2000 Sentra or Civic?