New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    *niky, can we then assume that the new Sorento CRDI will display the same figures as the Santa Fe RevGT, since they share the same engine?

Incidentally, thanks for your inputs when I was deciding between the FXT and Tucson RevGT. The lure of speed outweighed the considerations for practicality.

Or as my old HS classmates put it, "disimuladong mid-life crisis."

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by JackFlash View Post
    *niky, can we then assume that the new Sorento CRDI will display the same figures as the Santa Fe RevGT, since they share the same engine?

Incidentally, thanks for your inputs when I was deciding between the FXT and Tucson RevGT. The lure of speed outweighed the considerations for practicality.

Or as my old HS classmates put it, "disimuladong mid-life crisis."
    Practicality? Wuzzat?

The Sorento should. In fact, during PCOTY testing (numbers are sikwet!), the Sorento and Santa Fe posted near-identical (to the tenth of a second) 0-100 km/h times. Apparently the extra drivetrain losses of the AWD don't matter much when you've got lots of torque.

These two trucks are monsters. But they're still no patch at high speeds on a good turbocharged gasoline engine. I hope the new generation of variable geometry turbo gasoline engines comes to the Philippines soon.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    The reason you are having difficulty is because these 2 were also my final contenders in 2007. I chose the FXT for 'safety' reasons since I get impatient when I find it difficult to pass. (All those extra airbags also helped -- note that the SF only has 1 or 2)

I am hoping to go with better fuel efficiency come late 2012 or early 2013 when I get a new unit but similar to the LGT, the FXT will probably will get a 265 hp version around that time. I am postponing my fuel efficiency decision until then because I consider the 38 hp bump up as a 'gain' in fuel efficiency. hehehe.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
2.5-litre Subaru Forester AWD or 2.2-litre Hyundai Sante Fe eVGT 4x4