New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    You can always buy a hatch. Kapag may nakita kang hindi maganda dun sa unit, you can sell it for the same price you got it for or even higher.

Pinagkakaguluhan pa din naman ng mga younger set ang EG hatch. hehehe.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Well... the body is the one big problem with the hatch... just keep searching, knock on all the body panels (especially the roof and rear fender) to check for rust, and don't rush into buying...

It's up to you, man... it's your money. Good luck!

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Yeah, I think it's a nice move. Two cars are better than one especially with coding (I'm sometimes even thinking about trading my 96 Corolla GLi for two 93 Sentra ECCS but I've decided that I wasn't a Nissan fan after all ).

The engine of the hatch is reliable but everything else needs to be checked, as was said above. The suspension is more complicated and not as sturdy as other cars, so repairing this may cost you some good money. The sedan version has rust problems, but I haven't confirmed if the hatch is also plagued with this, so just make sure there isn't any.

How much are you shelling out for the hatch anyway? There are many sedans out there that cost just as much. They may consume slightly more fuel, but they're certainly better in overall practicality.

The Avanza, on the other hand, should serve you well. It's brand new so you sort of dictate its destiny yourself, as in how well it will age. I also don't believe it's a loss in status over the CR-V. It's more like changing from a Fortuner to an Altis. Yeah, the former is more expensive, but it doesn't mean the latter is less of a car. Besides, you're the one giving status to the car through your driving skill, motoring courtesy and/or how you maintain and care about it.
    Last edited by squala; November 28th, 2006 at 03:57 AM.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The hatch has the same roof rust problem as the sedan. I'm not sure about the rear fenders, as they're a different shape, but it's always wise to check very carefully.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
2 for 1?