New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
  1. Join Date
    May 2005
    I'm guessing that if they introduced the Ford Focus (MKII) in the US, then it just might outgun the FD Civic in a comparative test. In Car and Driver's December 2006 issue, a compact car comparison test conducted show how the Mazda3 beat out the FD Civic. Btw, the Focus MKII and Mazda3 both share the same Ford C1 platform.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by number001 View Post
    I'm guessing that if they introduced the Ford Focus (MKII) in the US, then it just might outgun the FD Civic in a comparative test. In Car and Driver's December 2006 issue, a compact car comparison test conducted show how the Mazda3 beat out the FD Civic. Btw, the Focus MKII and Mazda3 both share the same Ford C1 platform.
    That's a question that many people are asking over there... but it seems that with Ford of America's current financial troubles, they're not really considering tooling up for production of the new Focus. They've just released photos and info regarding the facelifted Mark I for 2007. Sorry for you guys.

RE: Car&Driver... While I do agree that the Mazda3 is a better drive, the Civic's fuel economy should have pulled it into a tie. Other publications are scoring the Civic higher because of the 1.8's fuel economy. But then again, the reason I read Car&Driver is that they're an enthusiast's magazine, and they often vote for performance rather than practicality.

I can't wait for their comparison of the Mazdaspeed3, Caliber SRT, VW Golf GTi and Honda Civic Si (if they ever get around to it...)... I'm rooting for the Civic... N/A all the way, baby.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    the focus has my vote

4. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    saw the focus ST at the singapore showroom wow :drool:

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
2.0S-L Civic vs 2.0 Focus Sports