New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Sir, it depends, who you are and what you need?

Just like me , i have a Bimmer 2.0 V6 matic and a Lancer 1.5 GLX Manual
    For my city driving i used the Lancer, for a long drive it must be a Bimmer. Why?

Well , based on my experience.

I went to Subic, with my Lancer, filled it up, P1,000 XCS, back in manila, ubos, with traffic in Lubao. Ikot lang sa loob ng Subic Bay

Same venue, Subic with my Bimmer, P1,000 XCS. back in manila may tira pa with traffic in Lubao. Ikot lang sa loob ng Subic Bay, same routine, take note its a V6 na Matic

So 2.0L mas tipid sa hatawan, kaysa sa 1.5L. Kasi sa 2.0L konting tapak lang sibat na, especially sa overtaking, unlike sa 1.5L, pedal to metal na todo na tapak mo, kinakapos pa sa hatak. Bitin sa hatawan.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Our 03 CRV (RIP) 2.0 Consumes 10 to 12 km per liter w/ manual transmission
    Our 1300cc Jimny A/T goes 8km per liter.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    dapat ata ang comparison ay same car brand with different displacement para medyo accurate.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Yup.

Actually, on the highway, a 1.5 liter engine of the same generation of technology as a similar 2.0 engine (carburator versus carburator, EFI versus EFI or direct ignition versus direct ignition) will drink less gas, as long as you drive it at economical revs.

But if you drive it expecting the same speed as with a 2.0, it'll suck gas like crazy, as it has to work harder to accelerate in the same manner.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
2.0L Engine vs. 1.5L Engine