New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Nagkaroon ako nissan bumigay a/t tranny at 60k odo, 50k+ nagastos ko semi surplus pa yun kundi abutin ng 200k. Then yung Nissan Balintawak di maganda serbisyo, I recommend nissan UN. Kaya eto balik ako toyota

2. Join Date
    May 2009
    Guys, alin ba mas OK gamitin as service? na gagamitin sometimes for long stints to the province?

Dapat... ...
    1. Matipid sa gasolina
    2. Cheaper to maintain (from engine to any type of maintenance procedures)
    3. Mas kampanteng gamitin
    4. A/c dapat malamig

Choices are: 96 Sentra EX Saloon, 96 Lancer GLI or 95 Civic ESi? Feedback naman, thanks.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    EX saloon sir. pero kung kaya ng budget mo ang ESi, I suggest mag Sentra SS SeriesIII ka na lang.

4. Join Date
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by basti08 View Post
    EX saloon sir. pero kung kaya ng budget mo ang ESi, I suggest mag Sentra SS SeriesIII ka na lang.
    Thanks. Sabagay, overrated din kasi sa Buy&Sell world ang used civic kaya medyo magastos na. Ano po bang pinag kaiba ng Ex Saloon Super Saloon? TIA

5. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Super Saloon is EX Saloon plus driver's airbag (if 97 model), ABS (if 96 SE Saloon), better upholstery, tachometer, 1.6L engine, all power including folding mirrors and antenna, day and night rearview mirror setting, intermittent wiper setting with speed option, 4 spoke steering wheel, 5 spoke mags, center console box, 60/40 seats, door side guard.

6. Join Date
    May 2009
    Ano pong car ang matipid (+-10kpl sana) na AT nung dekada nubenta? Recommended pa ba ang bumili ng 90s na AT? or may malaking risk na ang pag bili? sabi kasi sakin, baka maging problematic ang AT tranny lalo na't more than a decade na ang edad ng kotse.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    The Sentra Super Saloon is good, you may also consider looking for the Super Touring variant which looks sportier. Its the only one in your choices to have 16 valve DOHC EFI engine. The power is good, the handling is good, and if you change the headlights to multireflectors it will look quite modern too. '90s cars with A/T are not that bad although they're not as sophisticated as the ones we have now. Our '97 Accord is an A/T and it worked really well save for a bit of shift shock. I still see lots of AE101's with A/Ts around, if it fits your budget you may consider looking for the '96-'97 AE101 with A/T and driver's airbag.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by midasproject View Post
    Ano pong car ang matipid (+-10kpl sana) na AT nung dekada nubenta? Recommended pa ba ang bumili ng 90s na AT? or may malaking risk na ang pag bili? sabi kasi sakin, baka maging problematic ang AT tranny lalo na't more than a decade na ang edad ng kotse.
    There's a car for you
    Honda City 1.3LXi

My mom used to borrow a 2002 Honda City Type Z LXi AT from her office. It has a 1.3L SOHC Hyper 16valve 95HP engine and auto tranny. I swear that car is plenty quick, agile, very fuel efficient even though it is fast and very practical (although a bit spartan). The 98 City pictured above is mechanically same as the Type Z, that is the pre-facelifted model. Uses the same engine and tranny and has about same equipment. We averaged 16.7km/l on a 300km trip from Manila to Pampanga to Tarlac and back to manila. City driving, it can ace a 10km/l without a sweat, granting you have a well maintained unit like what their company car is. Btw, if going for the gen1 City 96-97 AT model was the 1.3EXi which comes with AC, Stereo cassette with 2 speakers, 13" alloys, PS and front PW only (rears are manual crank). 98-99 AT models were the 1.3LXi which is basically the 96-97 EXi plus all power windows (front and rear, renamed to give way to a new EXi model with 1.5L engine) and 1.5EXi which is the 1.3EXi AT plus blacked out B Pillar, chrome window surrounds, 14" 8 spoke alloys, better upholstery, body colored mirrors, door handles, rear garnish and central locking.

This is the 1.5EXi

9. Join Date
    May 2009
    Thanks Boss Basti. :D Nagabala ka pa. Back read ako RE: mga nabanggit niyo ni Boss GTi.

EFI na din po ba ang 98 model City Exi/Lxi?
    Last edited by midasproject; December 10th, 2010 at 10:58 PM. Reason: added something

10. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    EFI na.

Btw, i forgot to stress out yung automatic transmission ng City na yan is very light and responsive. Much like the newer cars today. However, indecisive sya sa downshifts unlike most modern cars pero madadama mo lang naman yan pag bigla mong gusto mag overtake at highway speeds. At city driving, it is perfect. Keeps higher gears in as much as possible. Runs light, shifts early... talagang pang eco driving sya pero depende yun sa driving style mo pa din. But i'm betting my ball matipid sa gas at matulin

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
150-160k 2nd Hand sedans