New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    i agree with most of the posts suggesting not to get a beater car + luxo. its almost guaranteeing high costs of luxo and old car maintenance together.

that new camry looks very tempting too. you may also consider a g35 based on what you posted (2005 280/298hp used for about $25k+, 2003 starting at $19k).

ill be in the same situation in a year or two, but we are looking at a minivan and/or replacement sedan for our maxima.

test drive mo lahat tapos share mo dito keep us updated.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Rediesel
    Minivan? , hindi ko lang maimagine sarili ko na naka mini van, I know its comfortable pero masisira image natin diyan magmumukhang gurang.

hehehe tell me about it. kapag may gimick kami with friends on a friday/saturday night o mag-attend ng formal party like weddings and other events. naka-minivan kami ng misis ko. sometimes nga parang baligtad eh, most of our friends got married 3-5 years earlier than us and now with 2-3 kids pero naka-sedan or auv/suv sila. ang gulo-gulo or masikip sila magpapamilya.

eh wala ako magawa coz I'm stuck with our chevy van, minana ko eh. hehehe anyways, I like to bring it coz stress free mag-drive lalo na pag punta sa isang social functio.n and most of all, kahit saan kami makarating na bahay o lugar. no worries sa parking lot coz sino ba mangangarnap ng american mini-van. at masarap magbihis sa loob, malaki hehehe.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Sir oldblue, baka si sir mbt magustuhan minivan mo... ahihi.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Jun aka Pekto
    But, luxury is all about comfort and there's nothing more comfortable than a captain's chair in a minivan. The room matters a lot too. .

very true. that's my most rewarding experience while driving a mini-van. our captain seats felt like i'm just sitting on a cinema seat and the road is the movie hehehe. and of course, accessible cupholders on either side. again just like in the movies. good 'ole stress free relaxed cruising and I dont have to drive fast or to be intimidated by other drivers. i'm in a mini-van! i'm expected to be slow coz I have a fat butt!

5. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by flagg
    Sir oldblue, baka si sir mbt magustuhan minivan mo... ahihi.
    doubt it very much!!!

6. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by oldblue
    very true. that's my most rewarding experience while driving a mini-van. our captain seats felt like i'm just sitting on a cinema seat and the road is the movie hehehe. and of course, accessible cupholders on either side. again just like in the movies. good 'ole stress free relaxed cruising and I dont have to drive fast or to be intimidated by other drivers. i'm in a mini-van! i'm expected to be slow coz I have a fat butt!

Yep, captain's chairs plus cup holder all over the place, 9 in my odyssey to be exact. Even got a 10.2" over head DVD installed (very smart investment on my part). My son and his cousins or friends will sit in the back watching movies while munching chips or butong pakwan, oh what a quite ride, no yelling or fighting, just some quite kids behind you. Para silang nasa Theater...kalat lang ng balat ng butong pakwan on the floor. My minivan is not a whimp either, it can actually out accelerate some sedans.
    Last edited by Camgen6; June 14th, 2006 at 04:36 AM.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by medyas
    Yep, captain's chairs plus cup holder all over the place, 9 in my odyssey to be exact. Even got a 10.2" over head DVD installed (very smart investment on my part). My son and his cousins or friends will sit in the back watching movies while munching chips or butong pakwan, oh what a quite ride, no yelling or fighting, just some quite kids behind you. Para silang nasa Theater...kalat lang ng balat ng butong pakwan on the floor. My minivan is not a whimp either, it can actually out accelerate some sedans.
    There has to be a redefinition of what is "luxury" versus "image". The old days still had big cars as "luxury". Now, it's mostly SUV's although I much prefer minivans. And new minivans can get quite expensive depending on how much luxury you want in it. But, even the most austere minivan is still quite comfortable. In fact we're making a second trip to Nevada next week. We decided to rent a Dodge Grand Caravan instead of taking the Sonata.

This is what luxury should be. Oh yea:

Also, most minivan wheelbases are based out of sedan chassis although the new Hyundai Entourage's is purposely designed as a minivan. Most minivans with V6 engines are quite potent. The Entourage cranks out 242 hp and can do 0-60mph at 7.5 sec. That's sports compact range numbers right there.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Of course, if you're going to scoot around town and never travel far, I'd still stick with 2 regular cars. I rather avoid having to fight with the wife for the car keys.

But, go for 2 luxo's if you can easily afford it. Our neighbor has a brand new Toyota Avalon and a new Chevy Venture minivan. Another neighbor in the next street behind us has an Infinity M35 and a Lexus SUV.

I consider an Avalon more upscale, almost like a Lexus.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    when I was in the states a while back, what I remember most was riding those luxury mini-vans and vans. in SF, our host family drove us all around the SF tourist spots with a Red Dodge Grand Caravan. a week later, we were touring again in yet another Dodge Grand Caravan in New York - New Jersey area. another week later, and we found ourselves inside a Ford Mark III or II (cant remember) traveling L.A. to San Diego then proceeded on to Las Vegas. my parents and my 2nd degree aunt (the owner) were playing cards on a dining table . my cousins telling stories with me & my brod on a sofa window . and my aunt's brother cooking.

that's what I love about the states. The VAN as paradise on wheels indeed!

10. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    2004 CRV wouldnt be bad accompanied by a new top line VW Passat especially its 2.0FSi Turbo. parang luxury car narin naman talaga ang VW, wala lang talaga sa image nila. pero kung features at aura ng kotse nila, talagang parang German luxury sorta like Audi na nga eh.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
1 luxo car or 2 regular cars