New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    just make sure 2 different colors yun sentra eccs

2. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Mas-magastos mga-maintain ng dalawang kotse... Baka di pa naiisip ng friend mo yun.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by van_wilder
    or limang lancer box type tapos iba't ibang kulay... depende sa suot niya yun gagamitin niya na auto... yan ang tunay na color coding!
    PANALO! hehehe!

4. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by squala View Post
    I beg to disagree. The Corolla AE101 DX has a 1.6 engine, although the US also had a 1.8 LE variant (AE102).

And 8.5-second 0-60 for a Sentra? Yeah, I think I read that C/D issue too, but there's absolute doubt that it can really do such a thing. Perhaps that's manufacturer's estimate. Even a stock EK VTi will have a hard time attaining that feat.

I also raced a B13 at the strip with my 101 and we were about equal. He had intake and exhaust mods compared to my air filter change only. I also had almost a full tank of gas at the time compared to his less than half, and I forgot to close my window as well (was my first time to drag race legally :lol: ).
    Ahhh so ur the brother I asked on another thread this query-- what car did u used against the "tsuru", but yet to reply.. coz u also mentioned that particular race. ;) Whoah Sir?! This was one of the few times or I think this is even the 1st time I've heard of a stock 105hp GLI being faster than the eccs and w/ all those mini "partidas" pa?! I had the priveledge to drive those babies for quite some time and I can see the obvious difference in acceleration...(Our garage contains both, compound kc kami w/ relatives--1 happy family!) We'll then again maybe ur just the better "clutch" driver than ur opponent, or ur GLI is better conditioned. In fact, my friend and I used to race, me using the stock ECCS and him using the stock GLI.. let's just say I usually end up being treated afterwards, but when we decided to change cars.. damn! I was the one giving him lunch! GLI kc although DOHC, only one of the cams nakakabit yung timing belt. Sa looks factor naman, actually we can never say mas maganda yung isa coz it depends sa taong titingin. Pro walang sense na 2 eccs bibilhin nya ha.. and sa pricing naman yung ganyang ka-cheap na eccs e probably not well maintained or even worse bka carnap or baka dyan i-nambush si ganito! as for the GLI...what year ba yan? naka-set up ba? kc it's expensive! Even my uncle who is in the car buy n' sell buss. says these pricing stated are really "extremes".. Sa parts, both have good availability, I know coz ako lagi nauutusan bumili ng piyesa ng mga yan! Maghanap na lng friend mo ng 1 ECCS na nasa mint condition kahit medyo above P125,000 , then if he still has money left buy more parts na pang set-up. Sayang these b13 babyzillas are popular in the states evenmore in mexico w/c still has production of it up to now!!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
1 Corolla GLi or 2 Sentra ECCS?