New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    SOUL in white is nice.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    soul feels dull to drive parang wala kang road feel sobra kasing lambot ng steering

3. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    At its current price, the Soul is nearing the Elantra 1.8's pricing. Between the two, I'd get the Elantra. Call me old-fashioned or safe, but I think that the Elantra is one hell of a package. Great engine, great transmission, good handling, lots and lots of space (legroom, not headroom), and all the necessary toys. Below 1M, I think it's the car to get. If anything, the stock 16's are small for the body (even more so with the 15s of the 1.6), and an upgrade to the OEM 17s found abroad is one upgrade I'd like to have if I ever find myself buying an Elantra.

Makes me feel bad about driving a 2.0 compact, when there's one that's just as fast, handles much better, is more spacious, and looks more handsome, but is almost 200k cheaper.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    The new Soul comes with a 20k discount, which means it's only 11k more expensive than the Elantra (899k vs 888k). It has 6 speakers, double din HU, bigger cargo space and 60:40 split seats (it may also have 16in rims, IIRC). The 1.6 AT Elantra has 2 airbags, has better aerodynamics which means better performance and FC.

The Elantra is new, looks stunning and is a COTY winner. The Soul has been refreshed and may be an acquired taste, looks-wise, but it's been tried and tested.

5. Join Date
    May 2006
    been using my sis-in-law's soul... ok naman yung handling niya... and maluwag talaga lalo na pag naka-fold yung 2nd row seat... saka nakakatuwa yung monitor ng reverse cam niya sa rear view mirror... di nga lang siya ganon ka-accurate....still 'objets in the mirror are closer than they appear'...

6. Join Date
    May 2012
    Been debating for the longest time whether to get a new 1.6l Soul or a slightly-used one, vs. a Suzuki.

I've seen 2 slightly-used Souls; both for sale at the P680K range.... One is a 2010 2.0l demo unit with barely 10K on the odometer. The other is a newer 1.6l with 35K mileage. I'm shocked by the big drop in value, and therefore very hesitant...

7. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    ^^ I saw one in Auto Camp pasig, 2010 LX 688K. Gulat ako sa price niya and sabi nung tindero mahal pa daw yun.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by vegetablejoe View Post
    Been debating for the longest time whether to get a new 1.6l Soul or a slightly-used one, vs. a Suzuki.

I've seen 2 slightly-used Souls; both for sale at the P680K range.... One is a 2010 2.0l demo unit with barely 10K on the odometer. The other is a newer 1.6l with 35K mileage. I'm shocked by the big drop in value, and therefore very hesitant...

The demo unit might have only 10K on the odometer but check the car well for abuse because demo units are more abused than units with proper owners driving them.

I'd rather choose the newer SOUL 1.6L with 35k on the clock. Its the safer choice if you are going for 2nd hand.

BTW, instead of checking the resale value, you might want to ask how satisfied are the current owners of Kia SOUL with their car. Personally, I liked it well when I test drove the 2.0L and later the 1.6L version. It is a practical city car if you want lots of interior space. Although classified as a cross-over vehicle (like the Mitsu ASX and Subaru XV), it's road clearance would not let it go anywhere close to offroading.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    magmula ng makita ko yun commercial nya ng daga, hindi ko na maalis na mukang hamster yan soul

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by pop3corn View Post
    magmula ng makita ko yun commercial nya ng daga, hindi ko na maalis na mukang hamster yan soul
    Just because once is never enough....

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234