New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Bumping this thread up since the 1.6 Kia Soul and 1.6 Hyundai Elantra now have the same engines (as GTi had posted above - 130ps 1.6L DCVVT 6A/T).

2. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Soul for me. You can't beat extra space anywhere.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    i pick the soul. with the same engine and transmission but bigger space and cargo than elantra.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Verbl Kint View Post
    Bumping this thread up since the 1.6 Kia Soul and 1.6 Hyundai Elantra now have the same engines (as GTi had posted above - 130ps 1.6L DCVVT 6A/T).
    Meron na? Kelan? Bat walang announcement?

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    Meron na? Kelan? Bat walang announcement?
    2 months ago pa sir.

Quote Originally Posted by valskie01 View Post
    2012 kia soul (facelift)

old

other notable upgrade"
    4 speed a/t to 6 speed a/t

price: nag increase din from P899k to P919k

6. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Haha si GTi na-late sa balita. :hysterical:

Anyway, dun ako sa Kia Soul. Better after-sales pa. And I don't like the Elantra anyway, well .. except if it's the 1.8GLS. But value-wise, the Elantra is actually pretty good.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    Haha si GTi na-late sa balita. :hysterical:

Anyway, dun ako sa Kia Soul. Better after-sales pa. And I don't like the Elantra anyway, well .. except if it's the 1.8GLS. But value-wise, the Elantra is actually pretty good.
    Wahaha~ Well they didn't update their site, nor was there any announcement from any local car mag or site...

Pero kung meron na nga, between the two, Soul na syempre! At least for practical-minded folks like me. The extra luggage space is a big plus and I always prefer a car without a protruding trunk since it is much easier to park.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    The soul is now on top is the list for my moms new car. First choice dapat carens but phased out na and the new model is due by next year pa. So far ive alreasy asked around for the FC. With active eco turn on, the FC is around 8 to 9km/liter for pure city driving. We are still debating pa which vehicle to get coz i want an innova but its too big daw for my mom since shes insisting to drive again.

Matic tranny comes with sportmode +/-

4 colors lang available. Tomato red, cherry black, bright silver and titanium silver(gray)

Wierd pa rin daw yun feeling ng EPS niya, you need to get used to it.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    I'd go with Tomato Red.

Sounds weird but looks nice actually.

Unless your mom prefers a more subtle color such as the silver or the grey.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    ^^^
    you got it right renzo_d10, the red is too loud daw for her and now shes choosing between the silver or gray.

Im still hopeful she will agree with me in getting an innova instead

The subwoofer is back, its located at the mid of the dashboard. Im not sure though what brand they put in. Since one model nalang yun soul which is equivalent sa base unit sa states, the review sa states didnt mention anything about its sound system. It also doesnt come with a center arm rest
    Last edited by AKI125; April 20th, 2012 at 10:33 PM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast