New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    I'd get the Soul in manual guise please. Its an instant standout wherever it goes and you get to fit more stuff inside as compared to the Elantra. Though if you want something that looks the sophisticated and elegant sort, get the Elantra.
    Wala na Soul na manual...

2. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Ay ganon? Sayang~ Oh well, Kia Korea has now updated their Soul with the newer 130ps 1.6L DCVVT engine and 166ps 2.0L DCVVT engine found in the Elantra and Tucson respectively, and with six speed manual and automatic transmissions across the line. I wonder when it will come here? If it does come here, then the Soul will be a very good buy that will make it even more competitive.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    Ay ganon? Sayang~ Oh well, Kia Korea has now updated their Soul with the newer 130ps 1.6L DCVVT engine and 166ps 2.0L DCVVT engine found in the Elantra and Tucson respectively, and with six speed manual and automatic transmissions across the line. I wonder when it will come here? If it does come here, then the Soul will be a very good buy that will make it even more competitive.
    Anybody with inside news regarding the above release in the Philippines?

4. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Yun yung mahirap eh. Even the 2.2R e-VGT Carnival is not yet here. Kia is slow... very slow... almost deliberately slow... As if they don't want to excel here. Can't be sure, maybe they want to finish their old stocks first.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Hay nako... :headache:

Elantra na.

Ewan ko lang, I don't like the Soul.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    mas mahal pala price nung 1.6 soul (899k) sa elantra 1.6 (868k). plus the elantra has the 6 speed, while 4 speed lang yung soul.

hmmm...elantra talaga for me. konti na lang na dagdag 1.8 a/t na.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Ganun talaga ang Kia... Lahat ng produkto nila mas mahal sa iba. Grabe! As in lumabas parang binayaran sila ng Hyundai na taasan presyo nila para mas bumenta ang Hyundai versions of virtually the same products. Depende na talaga sa TS kung gusto niya extra performance or extra space.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Tucson GLS 2WD A/T, Sportage EX 2WD A/T - Both for 1.158M

Fair enough. Natututo na ang CAC.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    While there's nothing wrong with the general performance of the 1.6 4AT Soul (decent gearing), the flexibility of the six speed automatic of the Elantra means that it's just as quick as the Soul even though it's heavier and has more interior space. The Elantra also drives better in 1.6 trim. Medyo weird yung feeling ng electric steering ng Soul. And the Elantra has better brakes, to boot.

The 1.6 automatic Elantra has performance better than the 1.8 automatics of the competition. The only 1.8 automatic that's faster is the Civic... but come on, that's the Civic... it's as quick as the gasoline 2.0s (with the exception of the Corolla and Sentra). And the 1.8 liter Elantra 6AT is just as fast as that Civic.

The Elantra has secure but agile handling, only held back by the fuel-saving tires. It has fantastic interior and exterior design, and better plastics and construction than the Soul. I'd pick it over the Soul in a heartbeat.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

I like the Soul, but hate its 4-speed transmission...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast