New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    You make it sound like it's a choice between a Ferrari and a Toyota.

That’s too much of a comparison. That’s like asking a guy to choose between a Victoria Secret angel and the girl next door. Hehehehe

Practical and useful the Innova may be but it just fails in aesthetics. It ticks all boxes that you need from a family vehicle but it’s hard to get used to how it looks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by moipogi View Post
    The Jetta and Golf being sold here are US models sold since 2015, thus in terms of parts sourcing mas madali vs the other Euro brands.

Once owned an Opel Astra and maintained it even after GM dropped Opel and changed to Chevy. Nakakuha pa ako ng local parts sa Thunder Banawe (headlights/engine mounts/ignition coils). So parts sourcing, assuming malaki yung base nung model hindi mahirap.

Plus it's an Ayala company. Medyo conscious yan sa reputational risk so they will likely keep to their word na support nila yung mga discontinued models. I think matagal sourcing mga body parts and non-PMS items kasi manggagaling pa Germany or some non-Asian base.

Yun yung advantage ng mga bagong China VW models. Malapit lang source nung parts kaya mas mabilis.

Good to hear about your experience re: Opel. So with Ayala I guess we can expect parts to be available albeit expensive.

With China made VWs I just wonder if they've managed to maintain quality.

Parts will be available the question is whether you're willing to put up with price and timing if you source it from the dealer (if it's not a regular consumable part). Other options down the road is ordering and shipping from abroad. That's what's n

Although i'm generally a practical person, we're car enthusiasts for heaven's sake... Someone put it quite well before (can't remember who it was here on tsikot): Not perfect but hard to beat for what it offers at the price.
    Yeah bro that's why I said I'd also get a GTS vs the Innova despite the potential hit in resale. Driving something you want every day just makes more sense than wishing you got another car. That to me is worth more than what you save come selling time.

Well maybe save more and go for the Tiguan actually.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Hinde naman yan VW , gusto lang maiba siguro pero Ilan paligo lang mahimasmasan din that were asians we drive Asian

4. Join Date
    Mar 2004

Maybe a Ferrari and a Lexus ...

5. Join Date
    Mar 2017
    I don't understand why low to medium end VWs are perceived as superior and luxurious here just by virtue of their being "Euro". AFAIK, in Europe they are viewed as ordinary and unexceptional .... just like Toyotas here.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by makinao View Post
    I don't understand why low to medium end VWs are perceived as superior and luxurious here just by virtue of their being "Euro". AFAIK, in Europe they are viewed as ordinary and unexceptional .... just like Toyotas here.
    manufacturers have been trying for decades, to understand how the customer thinks.
    heh heh.

my feeling here is, MB is euro and MB is "superior and luxurious". then comes BMW, which also is. therefore VW, being a euro brand, must also be.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    The medium end VWs are done to a higher standard, so the "Euro" tag is justified. One look at thr GTS and Jettas now sold here will show extensive equipment levels vs a comparable model from the Japs.

I owned an Opel Astra wagon, which is low end in its home market but was a Euro market model. Doors were quite heavy and closed with a satisfying thud. And the car could cruise at 100+ with no drama. Which was one of the reasons for me getting a GTS, and convincing an officemate to get a Jetta. Same solid, premium feel to the controls and the features.

Toyotas and some Japs here are decontented vs the same models sold in other markets. They are only now putting in the features found in other markets, but at a cost. Local Subarus have nice equipment levels, comparable to the overseas models. Toyota is the one who suffers from decontenting its models. Its European models have the same features as the Golf GTS Business Edition + but sells bare units here likely to reach a price point.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    I guess you should take time to see what the Golf GTS or Jetta can offer. They are just built more solidly than its Jap/Korean counterparts.

Our family has a Jetta 1.6L TDI DSG, Civic RS 1.5L Turbo, and Fiesta 1.0L Ecoboost. The Civic seems to have flimsier doors and interiors. The Jetta and Fiesta are both Europe-designed cars and they feel more solid. For the Jetta, the quality of interiors feels more comparable with the Jap midsize cars.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Mukhang almost unanimous ang votes ng VW Golf dito. Haha.

On the PMS cost, my 2016 Montero incurred 26k after 20k km PMS (one year). I project my Jetta’s PMS cost will be much lower (not counting the hassle of going to casa every 5k for the Montero).

Lastly, namamahalan ako sa Innova. [emoji6]

10. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by GLSTrend View Post
    Mukhang almost unanimous ang votes ng VW Golf dito.

Because it's your money and we are just giving advice ... when it's our turn to buy, also the same process ... easy to say buy the Volkswagen Golf ... but some of us need to be practical and consider other factors ...

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast