New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by B_3ff3ct View Post
    I'd also recommend you check out Mazda's CX-7. Ford's all reliable "built ford tough" escape and everest may also be worth considering, although they are not the most elegant-looking or stylish.
    Ford? Built tough? Good luck.

2. Join Date
    May 2007
    para sa akin either forester or fortuner lang.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    montero or fortuner ok and sulit

4. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Everest.

it seems that the monty's D-ID is showing D-4D choking symptoms.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    If we're talking about surviving another Ondoy-level event, NONE of your choices can cut it. Any vehicle with a computer-controlled engine (including CRDI SUVs) will be an instant sitting duck when hood-high floodwaters strike. Old-school diesels (Adventure, Crosswind) are still the hardiest, and I've experienced this firsthand.

Quote Originally Posted by Walter
    The Montero Sport has a small turning radius and the wife won't be pregnant forever
    True, this.

Considering everything else, I'd still pick the MS. But for the sake of broadening the choices a bit, personally any SUV will do -- as long as it has rear-bias 2WD, solid rear axle and ladder-frame chassis. If you're considering an SUV, might as well go all out. CUVs are a lousy compromise, but that's just me.
    Last edited by Bogeyman; October 3rd, 2010 at 06:42 PM.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The Everest can survive an Ondoy-level flood and will need nothing more than a hosing out. As long as you buy an MT. The AT shift-lever itself is vulnerable, though it's understandably a cheaper fix than a full computer box.

Same with the Crosswind or Advie. A manual transmission version will go through Ondoy level floods (as long as you don't run them!!!) and may suffer nothing more than a busted instrument cluster. ATs will still have problems with the shifter electricals, etcetera...

Some ECU-equipped cars seem to get through floods relatively okay. But it's hit and miss as to which ones can... some that can will still suffer damage if you leave the battery plugged in and the alarm on when the flood comes.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
1.5M to 1.6M budget which SUV will you choose?