New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Take the Santa Fe for the good of your wife. Pregnant women are very sensitive to cars that are matagtag. I vaguely remember the time when my mother was pregnant with my younger brother, she would get nauseated when riding in less than favorable conditions. We were lucky to still be having a '97 Honda Accord at that time. The Santa Fe's ride height is good enough to ford flashfloods, just don't drive too fast, so the water won't get into places where it shouldn't be. Its got the aforementioned excellent ride quality, a daredevil yet economical engine (much more so when Unichip is thrown in), its not too high as well so that getting in and out wouldn't be a hassle. And its got excellent scores in crash tests worldwide, besides being well equipped with lots of safety features. Many of the vehicles in the class of the Fortuner, Montero Sport, Everest, etc barely even pass crash tests.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    The Tucson Premium isn't overpriced, it's just that people are often shocked by the increase in price over the GLS model. As for me, the diesel really does make it more expensive. Now if you just want the diesel power, you could of course get the eVGT GL. But if you want a more luxurious car, the Premium has really got it. Problem is, a lot of buyers who want that kind of luxury would be willing to trade it off for a bigger car, like the Montero Sport. This makes the Premium a less convincing buy than the GLS Theta.

BTT: I originally liked the Sorento diesel more than the Santa Fe because it's newer, but the HUGE price difference just can't justify the price.
    kaya nga sir medyo reluctant na ako sa sorento although it's new in the market, the engine is still the same with Sta Fe. and to add to that you need to wait very long to get the unit based on what I read. salamat sa inyong advice. we'll test drive the cars first before we decide to buy. thanks again

3. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    if i have 1.6M, i'll get Jimny and Kia Soul 1.6. malapit na magburst ang bubble ng big SUVs. babagsak ang economy ng ASEAN in the next 3 years, kaya whoever has the cheap reliable mini-car survives

4. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    we own a 2009 ford everest 4x2 at, it's not bad as they think, pinili pa nga namin sya over montero and sta fe e.,

but if your wife is going to drive it once in a while..naku mejo mananakit katawan nya pag di sya sanay.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    We all know how it is to drive a big truck-based SUV. Its got that steering system that takes so many turns to lock, has this big turning radius and exhibits a less civil ride compared to crossovers and sedans. Since you mentioned that your PREGNANT wife will be the one driving MOST of the time, I'd suggest the Santa Fe.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    We all know how it is to drive a big truck-based SUV. Its got that steering system that takes so many turns to lock, has this big turning radius and exhibits a less civil ride compared to crossovers and sedans. Since you mentioned that your PREGNANT wife will be the one driving MOST of the time, I'd suggest the Santa Fe.
    The Montero Sport has a small turning radius and the wife won't be pregnant forever.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post

+1 on this, for the comfort, practicality and added interior features the sta.fe wins it hands down. lalo na since your wife is driving, she'll enjoy the nice interior quality compared to the cheap interior of the MS and FORT.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    i don't recommend a Sta Fe for women. malapad sya masyado sigurado gasgas nyan

9. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Can't believe nobody ever mentioned Isuzu Alterra. Is it not an SUV?

Me I am happy with my Alterra, ride is good + I find the navi system indispensible.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by PATSYS50 View Post
    Can't believe nobody ever mentioned Isuzu Alterra. Is it not an SUV?

Me I am happy with my Alterra, ride is good + I find the navi system indispensible.
    Looks like a hearse, that's why.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
1.5M to 1.6M budget which SUV will you choose?