New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by alwayz_yummy View Post
    not all 1.3L AT cars are thrifty as you think... heck, even not all 1.1L AT cars is not that thrifty.

consider mo din naman yun size and weigth din. dapat balanse lang para masasabi mong matipid..

oh well, pag city traffic, idle ka naman mostly....so forget what i have said...
    I never said or implied anything about thriftiness hehe.

All I said was that I wanted a comfortable drive so I'd choose an A/T car. And if its driving feel I want, many A/T cars offer paddle shifters na ren nowadays anyway.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by meledson View Post
    For me kung puro city driving which equates to always traffic, A/T will be nice kasi less pagod sa drive. Pero kung laging open roads naman, maganda ant M/T kasi for me mas enjoy.
    Same here...but I don't mind driving a manual as my daily car.

Quote Originally Posted by s_quilicot View Post
    A/T para walang clutch replacement.

atf lang.

so far wala pa kaming naging problem on our A/T's 3 of them.

SQ - pag ang AT nasira naman, di lang naman clutch ang papalitan mo.....most of the time OVERHAULING KIT yan or BUONG transmission!

Quote Originally Posted by ryan View Post
    All I said was that I wanted a comfortable drive so I'd choose an A/T car.
    oh well, sabi ko nga pag city traffic... forget what i said....

ps: hopefully our fellow tsikoteer, actor21 - the one who bought a 1.6L mazda3 and complaining on its FC, think it that way rather than thinking more on the car's FC...nice naman kotse nya e..
    Last edited by alwayz_yummy; January 11th, 2009 at 07:45 PM.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Consider the small difference in the engine displacement, the choice would NOT be SIGNIFICANTLY about fuel consumption but would rather be the CONVENIENCE of driving.

Factors like: city driving where traffic is worse and presence of many inclines, lady-driven, comfort, and the like.

Since, I'm in the province, I would probably choose the 1.6MT because it would SATISFY my way of driving.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
1.5 A/T or 1.6 M/T