New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    1.5, of course. Kapag kaya ang high end, high end ang kunin para wala ng iniisip na "baka mas..."

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    I really like the 1.3 engine, even though it's kind of gutless over 80 km/h. It'll still get you past the speed limit on those long highway stretches. And I can't wait to see that modified 1.5 again on our next track-day.

RE: space? Seat space is really good, even better than some compacts, in terms of legroom, but it's not as wide as a modern Altis, Corolla or Mazda3. But we're talking one or two-elbow-widths... not really that much if you're used to cramming people in pinoy-style.

Our record is 9 guys (pero high-school pa ito, so that includes two or three 90 pounders) in a Toyota Corolla... a 70's Corolla, actually.

My recent record is 9 people in a 00' Sentra. Short distance only, back-streets, emergency... because normally, I won't let anyone ride without fastening their seatbelts. Of course, since the Sentra's suspension tuning is so soft, the whole thing squeaked for weeks afterwards.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Our record is 9 guys (pero high-school pa ito, so that includes two or three 90 pounders) in a Toyota Corolla... a 70's Corolla, actually.
    Medyo OT. My college days we crammed 11 in a Holden Premiere. 3 guys and 8 petite chicks.

For my Jazz, 7 adults. 3 at front, 4 at the back and all their badminton bags at the trunk.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004

Well, the Sprinter was quite a lot smaller than the Premier... and much smaller than the current Jazz. I really wish they'd have released the Jazz a year or two earlier. With the extra money left over from buying the Lynx RS (Laser 2.0 to you guys...), we could've plunked a downpayment on the Jazz 1.3.

5. Join Date
    May 2005
    Regarding the passenger space, I was talking about seating people inside the Jazz comfortably[the operative word here]and safely (using the seatbelts).

I'm not a big person (150 pounds, 5'6) but I find it cramped sitting at the passenger cabin of a mid-sized sedan (Toyota Corona EX-Saloon Exsior) along with two other people of the same size. For the Jazz, I sat in the passenger cabin and I estimate, it can seat another person of my size comfortably. Yeah sure another can fit in the middle, a child maybe.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Im not kidding this weekend we got to fit 10 in the jazz..

(Nasira kasi yung granida na dala nila, and we had lunch in westgate Alabang)

This includes 2 lolas,my mom,me,my two aunts,my two uncles, two cousins in their teen years.

I had no time to take a pic of us inside because everybody was cramped up inside.

Sitting arrangement

me in the driver side, mom and aunt in the front passenger side

2lolas behind the driver side. my aunt in the middle,an uncle and 1 cousin passenger side.

My other uncle and other cousin in the very rear.

My jazz was LOWERED AS HELL!! hahahaha
    :shocked:

7. Join Date
    May 2005
    ^I really dont know how do people manage to cramp in that kind of space. Btw, how long were ur passengers in their constricted positions? Its also amazing how ur uncle and cousin managed to fit in the trunk?

Ps:What happened to their Grandia? Isn't that vehicle a few months old? Let me guess what ails it : D4-D?

8. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    The grandia is half a year old now.. The grandia just died on us..

I'm the tallest being 6'1. The rest of the family's height ranged from 5'8-5'3.
    Weight would range from 230lbs- 100lbs

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    RE: fitting people comfortably?

If it's comfortably, yeah, the Jazz is about a 4.5, or 5 if it's all girls in the back.

RE: Overloading... hehe... remember, this is for emergency use only, the rear suspensions on most mass market vehicles can't take that kind of constant abuse... not to mention the handling, braking and safety issues.

But hey, this is the Philippines... we're used to crowded, uncomfortable and unsafe riding conditions (whatever happened to the proposed seatbelt law for buses... and what about jeeps?)

10. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    pang guiness record na yan ah, buong angkan sa loob ng jazz

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
1.3 jazz vs. 1.5 jazz