New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    If outside warranty, you can change oil every 5k km. I think even every 10k km will be fine. Just bring it to shops who know how to maintain boxer engines (Fusion R for example). Fully synthetic oil yung requirement ng turbo engine and you can source it in aftermarket/online shops for less than 500 per liter. Every change oil requires around 5L. Puwede ka gumamit ng Motul at around 600+ per liter but medyo overrated na yung Motul. I use Zic FS 5w30 for some time now and it works just fine.

CVTF needs replacement every 40k km actual mileage. I had mine replaced at 36k km and had it done at Fusion R together with the gear oil change for around 10k. Aabutin ako ng 20k kung sa casa ko pinagawa yun.

Cabin filter and air filter needs replacement every 12 months. You can buy them from online shops for a lot less compared from casa.
    Thanks for the info, been wanting to ask that. Also, petrol consumption is not different from other CUVs in its class, no? Will consider a pre-owned FXT the next time I'm in the market for a car, gusto ko na din palitan ung unused manual sedan namin, ang mostly used lang is yung Golf GTS.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Trippin View Post
    Thanks for the info, been wanting to ask that. Also, petrol consumption is not different from other CUVs in its class, no? Will consider a pre-owned FXT the next time I'm in the market for a car, gusto ko na din palitan ung unused manual sedan namin, ang mostly used lang is yung Golf GTS.
    CUVs with 4-banger gas engines with displacements between 2.0L to 2.5L are about the same in fuel consumption, may it be a turbo engine or an NA engine. This is the case with our local traffic. If the chassis is lighter, FC will be a bit better.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2017
    CUVs with 4-banger gas engines with displacements between 2.0L to 2.5L are about the same in fuel consumption, may it be a turbo engine or an NA engine. This is the case with our local traffic. If the chassis is lighter, FC will be a bit better.
    Hijacking the topic, what would you choose between the CR-V 2.0 S CVT (1.66M) and the Forester 2.0i-L (1.698M)?

Both are 5 seater gas powered CVT with more or less the same dimensions, with a few electronic features favoring the Subie. Parang one needs to step up to 1.8M na ano to get a fairly decent CUV/PPV?

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Trippin View Post
    Hijacking the topic, what would you choose between the CR-V 2.0 S CVT (1.66M) and the Forester 2.0i-L (1.698M)?

Both are 5 seater gas powered CVT with more or less the same dimensions, with a few electronic features favoring the Subie. Parang one needs to step up to 1.8M na ano to get a fairly decent CUV/PPV?
    Both are quite good CUVs. They are both spacious and practical family vehicles. It all boils down to preference. The CRV 2.0S is easier to maintain with its FWD setup. Subaru AWD requires gear oil change on both front and rear axles aside from the usual oils and fluids.

If performance is a requirement from
    a CUV, you can still get a Forester XT for 1.798M.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    I would rather get a kia seltos for this price.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    I would rather get a kia seltos for this price.
    Sure na ba price ng Seltos at this range?

7. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Sure na ba price ng Seltos at this range?

1.1m or more lol

no idea tbh

8. Join Date
    May 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by minicarph View Post
    I am owner of Hyundai Santa Fe, electronics ang problema ng Hyundais particularly sa mga switches, if your Hyundai gets old mag-fail power window, fuel door, aircon switches, power door locks. which will make you wanna replace those modules mentioned

pero since na-find out ko sa banawe, na baklas linis lang yun mga yun, aksi mag umido Ewan ko ba kumbakit yun ang ginamit ng Hyundai na silicon whatever electronics, pati ilaw ng Hyundai madali mapundi, Kasi Nga same silicon conductor whatever din

pero yun lang so far Hyundai engine wise, solidly built.

alam ko dami nagpalit ng buong airconditioning unit sa Hyundai Club pero hinde naman pala, right now my aircon is all original pa naman so far kasi nga switches eh, switch sa compressor, sa evaporator even the switch doors sa loob ng dash nagluluko, pero linis lang yun ok na
    Sir sang shop s banawe m pinagawa yung switch m s power window? Yan din sira ng Hyundai Accent ko, but when it comes to engine and ac wla aq msabi. It can take you from point A to point B and malamig AC.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2016
    I saw a Geely Coolray over at UP Town today...good looking car especially for it's price. But something tells me it's too good to be true

Test drive is available but was unable to take a chance (til 5pm lang cut off ata dahil daming nag tetest drive) Service Center/Bay is still under construction over at North Edsa. Based on my quick research, Geely is top notch in terms of R&D over in China however I am not very familiar with Sojitz, its local distributor. AFAIK, it is more of a shipping firm. Well, I guess time will tell But again, very nice looking crossover! By the way, since they are pre-selling (10k is the required d/p), they are giving away 100k discount...so that's below 1.1M

10. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by fireproofjat View Post
    I saw a Geely Coolray over at UP Town today...good looking car especially for it's price. But something tells me it's too good to be true

Test drive is available but was unable to take a chance (til 5pm lang cut off ata dahil daming nag tetest drive) Service Center/Bay is still under construction over at North Edsa. Based on my quick research, Geely is top notch in terms of R&D over in China however I am not very familiar with Sojitz, its local distributor. AFAIK, it is more of a shipping firm. Well, I guess time will tell But again, very nice looking crossover! By the way, since they are pre-selling (10k is the required d/p), they are giving away 100k discount...so that's below 1.1M
    Geely is using Volvo.1.1M or less crossover options - MG ZS vs Suzuki Vitara or other?

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast