New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Trippin View Post
    I found a 2014 XT for 750k with 40k mileage but I still need to dispose of my sedan first so there's that.
    Now that’s a bargain. Please make sure the previous owner changed the CVT fluid, gear oil, and stock tires already. Also, make sure there are no issues with the turbocharger.

My 2016 FXT clocked almost 42k km already.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by fireproofjat View Post
    Hello Good morning everyone I currently own a 10-year old Honda City (120k kms+) and thinking of purchasing a new one to help out in de-stressing our daily workhorse (though with limited budget

What would be your choice in terms of:

1) Long term reliability
    2) Space
    3) Maintenance Costs and Interval
    4) Safety
    5) Vs other similarly-priced crossovers

Thanks!
    Planning to get Vitara GLX than Seltos EX

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    I think the Coolray just amped the ante among crossovers of this price range. I would pick it over an Ecosport or Kona or Seltos or Vitara.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    I think the Coolray just amped the ante among crossovers of this price range. I would pick it over an Ecosport or Kona or Seltos or Vitara.

Anong brand yun coolray?

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    Anong brand yun coolray?

It is a Geely but using mostly Volvo technology. Geely is the owner of Volvo now. Below is a review by Niky Tamayo:

https://www.topgear.com.ph/drives/ca...-20191116-lfrm

6. Join Date
    May 2014

I agree with this statement.

Honestly, seeing it in the metal, it just offers a lot.

Reliability concerns aside, i just take the difference in php as the offsetting for the depreciation value if you get the more known brand of similar size but is priced higher.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Ako naman i'd get myself a used diesel suv na lang for the same price of coolray.. nakakatakot yung techy features pag nasira..

8. Join Date
    Jun 2013

Brave guy. I find it scary plopping down more than a million pesos for a crossover from a relatively unknown brand from China (might be popular there) with an unproven turbo engine and *gasp... a dual clutch transmission.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by hardwang View Post
    Brave guy. I find it scary plopping down more than a million pesos for a crossover from a relatively unknown brand from China (might be popular there) with an unproven turbo engine and *gasp... a dual clutch transmission.
    Geely did mention that the Coolray uses Volvo technology. It is also scary to spend a million on a popular brand wannabe SUV with an anaemic engine and boring handling unless you drank too much of their Kool-Aid.

Not all DCTs are bad. Ford just made it look bad with their horrible PowerShift tranny. BMW, Merc, VW-Audi, and some others use DCT with not much fuzz about it.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Geely did mention that the Coolray uses Volvo technology. It is also scary to spend a million on a popular brand wannabe SUV with an anaemic engine and boring handling unless you drank too much of their Kool-Aid.

Not all DCTs are bad. Ford just made it look bad with their horrible PowerShift tranny. BMW, Merc, VW-Audi, and some others use DCT with not much fuzz about it.
    Volvo tech doesn’t help either. They’re not exactly synonymous with reliability even back when they were not owned by the Chinese.

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast