New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    you might also want to consider the new suzuki swift free 2 years change oil and km checkup !!! san ka pa? hehehe. anyway got their promo sa SM MoA. may display din ng dressed-up swift dun.

kung maingat ka sa tsikot, gasolina na lang gastos mo.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    layo na presyo ng swift sa 1.1 Getz/1.3 Vios diba?

3. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    OT
    was just reading forbe's best buys of 2006

aside from the civic, F-150, rav-4.. we have the hyundai azera, tied with the toyota avalon. now that really says something when as staid and conservative a publication as forbes puts a hyundai in the same list as the acura RL, toyota avalon, E90 bimmer..

4. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by niky
    It seems you've got your eye on the Korean but are looking for reassurances... truth is, no one can say how good these cars will be five years from now, but if the Getz is anything like its spiritual forebearer, the Pride, it'll be a relatively painless ownership experience.
    hehe.. yeah I know. It's gonna be my first real "big purchase" kaya I'm carefully weighing all pros and cons and getting all the inputs I can have. Right now, I'm still undecided about it... I believe that the Getz will turn out to be quite a reliable car naman because Hyundai's giving 5 year warranties in Europe and US (malulugi sila nyan pag sirain parin ang mga binebenta nila)... nagbabakasakali lang na baka may kwento na bumibigay na ang Getz nila after 1-2 years lang.

...the thing that's been debating in my mind is that the Vios has a more powerful, yet more fuel-efficient engine... medyo importante kasi yun para sa akin (external and internal features are a distant third)... but I have to put out an additional P85k at importante talaga yung P85k na yun sa akin (at ito yata yun pinaka-importante, a very close fight for 1st. Hehe... ) ...kaya I was also asking din in my first post about the resale value... but I know with regards to that, syempre no assurances na talaga yan, pure speculations lang ang kinukuha ko from tsikoteers' POV.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    if you're at all concerned about resale, get the toyota.

i think right now the hyundais are "first owner cars" -- meaning, if you intend to resell it, you'll take quite a beating. they'd make good second owner cars though. same with old mazdas. :P

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    If you intend to keep the car, ok lang naman ang Hyundai. Tipong ipapa-mana mo na sa anak at apo mo (hey, that happens a lot in my clan). hehehe.

But with the continous improvements of Hyundai products and image, resale might even become good a few years from now.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    kaya better buy a Hyundai now, before tumaas pa yan. I heard no. 4 na ang Hyundai sa America ngaun. ako nga inip na inip na din madispatsa yun isang tsikot dito para may pang-down na kami sa Tucson CRDi.

kutob ko lang parang mag-dominate muna ang CRDi engines in the next 2 or 3 years bago ang Hybrid cars. Europe and other developed countries have already started the trend. CRDi din yun mga bago BMW and Benz ngaun d'ba?

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Aside from having larger sedan trunk, the Vios 1.3J also comes with a driver's airbag.
    The Vios 1.3J also has a better power to weight ratio than the Getz 1.1 GL.
    The Vios 1.3J more pwer and it actually weighs 55 kg less.

Vios 1.3J
    horsepower: 85 hp
    Curb weight: 930 kg

Getz 1.1 GL
    horsepower: 62 hp
    Curb weight: 985 kg
    Last edited by AG4; June 6th, 2006 at 12:37 AM.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by homer jay
    hehe.. yeah I know. It's gonna be my first real "big purchase" kaya I'm carefully weighing all pros and cons and getting all the inputs I can have. Right now, I'm still undecided about it... I believe that the Getz will turn out to be quite a reliable car naman because Hyundai's giving 5 year warranties in Europe and US (malulugi sila nyan pag sirain parin ang mga binebenta nila)... nagbabakasakali lang na baka may kwento na bumibigay na ang Getz nila after 1-2 years lang.

...the thing that's been debating in my mind is that the Vios has a more powerful, yet more fuel-efficient engine... medyo importante kasi yun para sa akin (external and internal features are a distant third)... but I have to put out an additional P85k at importante talaga yung P85k na yun sa akin (at ito yata yun pinaka-importante, a very close fight for 1st. Hehe... ) ...kaya I was also asking din in my first post about the resale value... but I know with regards to that, syempre no assurances na talaga yan, pure speculations lang ang kinukuha ko from tsikoteers' POV.
    i can see that you cant make up your mind. it's like choosing between a person who has nothing to prove and a person who has something to prove, Toyota or Hyundai, respectively.

my new philosophy in life, go for the latter. coz mas motivated and mas creative iyun. and that is what Hyundai is doing all-around the world. may heavy machineries pa yan mina-market ng lagay na yan.

but of course it's a risk. in fact a very big risk on your very first big purchase. well siguro nga, be on the safe side na lang, get the Toyota. i'm sure lahat naman tayo nagdaan sa ganyan. understandable talaga ang reservations mo. and if I were in your shoes siguro way way back pa, I would feel the same.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by theveed
    1.4 na Getz ba diesel o gas?
    gas sir

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
1.1 Hyundai Getz GL vs 1.3 Toyota Vios J