New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Which is better?

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    What do you need the car for and how do you intend to use it then I will tell you which is better?

3. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    What do you need the car for and how do you intend to use it then I will tell you which is better?
    For daily use, usually city driving and climb steep parking levels maintenance cost and resale value too if possible

4. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Do you intend to go off-road or talagang pure city use? Pag talagang pure city use and base on your criteria I would say Forester. The problem is though they have one dealer and that is the only place you can have your Forester serviced. Servicing it outside is hard because its hard to find genuine parts. Even in Banawe its really tough to find Subaru parts.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    Do you intend to go off-road or talagang pure city use? Pag talagang pure city use and base on your criteria I would say Forester. The problem is though they have one dealer and that is the only place you can have your Forester serviced. Servicing it outside is hard because its hard to find genuine parts. Even in Banawe its really tough to find Subaru parts.
    Pure city driving, pwera minsan outing siguro oo nga tinanong ko Edsa Ortigas lang ang shop nila, yun parts kaya mura?

6. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    I don't think Subaru's parts are cheap. And I think the Forester's resale value after 5 to 10 years is lower than the Montero. You said, that you're going to use it for city driving only. If I were you...buy the forester because montero's too large for your city driving needs.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    na test drive ko na pareho and forester ako.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Size - MS

FC - MS

Performance - FXT

Seating capacity - MS

Fuel - MS (diesel eh, mura)

Parts - MS (mitsubishi eh)

so kung for city driving, sa MS na ko. pero kung for a change, FXT!

9. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    kung diesel and torque lover go for MS but kung sanay sa gas go for Forrester.

diesel is cheaper by at +/-10 peso a liter so depende rin kung malakas gamitin or bihira.

di naman ata daily drives eh dun ka na sa mas malaki (MS), also to consider the seating capacity. a 5'10 in height is very comfortable on its 3rd row (MS) no way mauntog like others na may 3rd row

resale, Montero sure yan 4M41 commonrail ata - gamit ng current Pajero

yun nga lang mahaba ang pila

09 Subaru Forester 2.5L 4x4 vs 09 Montero Sport 3.2L 4x4?