New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2009
    * green machine,

thanks a lot for the info. it appears the FC between the 2 is not that big of a difference * 2-3 km/l. I think I can live with that. i'll sched a test drive for both.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by zinedrei View Post
    * Horsepower,

thanks for the suggestion but I don't see anything I can put at the back of a pickup on an everyday basis. I think the trunk of either the City or Altis is good enough for my use.

I know it's not a fair comparison since the two cars I mentioned are classed differently from each other but my comparison is based on the price of the 2 cars. Since I'm leaning towards the 1.5 City before, I looked around different cars that fall around it's price range to see if I'm getting my money's worth.
    Actually, I recommended it because it's within the price range and it addresses your concern, fuel consumption. The cargo bay at the back can be covered and locked. It rides like a car too, only taller which gives you advantage during floods and scouring rough roads.

I suggest you test drive all of these cars. City looks good, Altis has projector headlamps and is bigger. Suspension is ok. City, being a honda would have 10K PMS, which means lesser cost of periodic labor vs the 5k PMS of toyota. However, 1.5 City, I think is within the price territory of Civic FD already (which obviously is a better car) so that's another thing to consider.

But I really suggest you test drive a strada.

Anyway, good luck

3. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Get the City since you're more concerned on the FC. The FC difference of Altis and City might be negligible, but it will come into play if you're gonna keep your car for more than 5 years since that difference will add up to your savings year after year. Additionally, I think the City will have a higher resale value.

Just my two cents.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by zinedrei View Post
    * green machine,

thanks a lot for the info. it appears the FC between the 2 is not that big of a difference * 2-3 km/l. I think I can live with that. i'll sched a test drive for both.
    Good luck, and have fun on your car shopping!

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    had this same dilemma before. I end up going for the bigger car.

with regards sa styling, sa una mukhang wow na wow yung itsura ng city pero habang tumatagal, nakakapansin na ako ng mga tabas na hindi ko gusto (like hindi proportionate yung size ng gulong sa likod compared sa height ng body which i really find very akward. tapos medyo nasasagwaan din ako sa glass sa rear doors na pa-taper up. and the rear looks like a bmw but not quite). yung altis naman sa unang tingin akala mo bland at parang gaya lang ng dati. pero habang tumatagal mas naaapreciate mo yung design especially the continuous flowing lines sa gilid.

ride quality and comfort, mas ok na di hamak ang altis kesa sa city, based on my actual test drive.

fuel consumption, hindi naman nagkakalayo. if you'll get the manual altis i'm sure kapareho lang or mas matipid pa sa matic na city1.5

safety wise, though the 1.6G only has one airbag compared sa dual airbags ng city, remember these are only SRS's. meaning, "supplemental" restraint lang talaga yang mga yan. mas safe ka pa din in a car with a bigger shell/body.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    ^ And, safety seat belts for added protection. ;)

7. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    The Altis looks old IMHO..

Better get the City 1.5 E..SULIT SYA IMHO!!

8. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    No brainer na yan, Altis is the way to go.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Also try the Civic..AFAIK may ABS with EBD na ang 1.8V variants.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by eggman View Post
    Also try the Civic..AFAIK may ABS with EBD na ang 1.8V variants.
    Meron na, since the 2008 model year. hehe

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
09 City 1.5E or 09 Altis 1.6 G a/t