New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Between City and Altis, Go for Altis but between Civic and Altis, i kinda like the Civic more.
    Used to have a City and Altis before. I'm using a civic now

2. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    i'd go for the altis. i think it is better in almost all aspects than the other choice.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Feature wise, even if the 1.5E is the top of the line and the 1.6G is a semi-base model, there really isn't much difference. On paper, the only advantage of the 1.5E is an extra airbag and aux/usb input. But seriously, those aren't make or break features. Airbags are overrated, but as mentioned here, the bigger body plays a bigger role in safety.

What's not on paper is the execution of the interior. Even in its base model, the Altis is very plush and the seats are very comfortable. Maybe it's just me but the dash of the Altis is very elegant. Beats other compact cars when it comes to dash prettiness actually. And it's definitely more spacious than the City.

Performance wise, 120 hp vs 109 and 145 Nm vs 145 Nm. But really, what's not on paper is that the 120 hp of the City isn't readily available. Honda has been known to make really peaky low-displacement engines. You'll have to rev the City hard to utilize that 120 hp. Whereas the Altis has less overall power, the torque distribution is much better and it has adequate power. Not great power because its the same 3ZZ-FE engine on a body thats 100 kilos heavier. But still, it's enough for your everyday needs.

Exterior-wise, it's very subjective. The Altis is more elegant while the City is, uh, funkier

Bottomline, get the Altis.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    having this prob also...

sa mga ganito din ang nagong problem, which car did you end up with?..

need more inputs din sana

5. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by LeOxe View Post
    i would also go with the altis. it's bigger, wider & more stable in the open highway.
    the city may be smaller than the altis but the space for the rear passenger is definitely much roomier compared to the altis.

btw, off topic siguro but am deciding between 1.3 m/t city vs. 1.6e m/t altis. hehe

6. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    ill take the altis over the city any day.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    hehe, last year we had a somewhat similar dilemma,first pinagpilian namin is lancer and civic, and then napalipat kami sa vios and city because our budget constraints. gusto na namin talaga yung city, but later we found out that konting stretch sa budget e altis 1.6G na! We end up getting the altis, dahil mas spacious yung loob nya at mas obviously angat ang altis kesa city.. good deal dahil nakakuha din kami discounts...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
09 City 1.5E or 09 Altis 1.6 G a/t