New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    May 2005
    Fortuner 4x4 - I'm not sure if Toyota's diesel are safe already or if they will ever be. Toyota's quiet sweeping of this issue under rug is quite deafening and disturbing. This uncertainty is probably why I wouldn't get this one. Engine aside, I like the Fortuner alot esp. its high ride height, although it is quite big and cumbersome driving in very small and tight spaces.

Rav4 - it is quite disappointing that Toyota opted to place the spare tire hanging by the rear hatch door. The Rav4 has an overall great interior although its big dash might impede some front vision. The rear passenger has ample space but the rear seats are a bit thin (feels similar to the Jazz). Ample trunk space. Same old engine (2AZ-FE) from the previous gen. Camry but being used also in the current Camry and Previa. Exhaust pipe located quite low therefore could be hit when taken off-road. Japan CBU means that its quality is really up there and it is very evident the minute you sit inside.

Outlander - Exterior looks impressive and aggressive. Interior is a bit too plasticky which is compounded by the full door panels. The rear seats are like the Rav4's. The V6 is definitely quick but its fuel thirst is expected for such a performance.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    RE: Fuel Thirst

Can sprint 8 km/l in the city ang Outlander huh... Given the a good traffic condition.
    iam3739.com

3. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    An Outlander would be the cream among your choices. As Niky mentioned, try considering the Santa Fe! Me likey likey!

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Well, considering you're a biker... I think the zing and engine note of the Outlander might prove to be most to your liking amongst available compact and small midsized SUVs.

Of course, there's always the Forester 2.5XT... a bit old-fashioned, and the rear-seat isn't anything to write home about, but whoa, nelly... the power!

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
08 Fortuner 4x4/08 Outlander v6/08 Rav4 4x4/2nd hand 04 Patrol 4x4