New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines



Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 120
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    6,685
    #101
    i saw a blue swift with a GB flag painted on the roof.

  2. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    38,719
    #102
    ryan: Sorry, to disappoint you but I am not kidding. They are, as you can get a full-sized sedan here by adding a few more Kdough. Maybe not near-equivalent cutting edge technology/feature, but still a car. Now, if you have the money to 'burn', and you like to be unique in a certain sense, then I agree 100%+ they're great drives.

  3. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    653
    #103
    tingin ko rito parehong me pros & cons between them..pogi daw swift pero high tech naman ang jazz..ewan, pero hatch backs just turned me off..gaya ng matrix ko short-lived lang ang enthusiasm ko then had to switched back to sedan format..
    but if i'm on the threadstarter shoes the clincher would be price acquisition factor..motioncars figures put swift at p712k against p752k for the jazz..surely i cant stomach the whale of price difference needless to say the jazz's "parang chikang nakasuot ng saya" looks..

    swift for me..

  4. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    617
    #104
    ika nga eh, don't judge the book by its cover, but by what's inside...

    if ung cover pag-uusapan, i guess swift has the upside;

    if what's inside ang pag-uusapan, i guess jazz has the advantage.

    in the end, its still the judge who will prevail, o d b?

    prang ang labo ano...

  5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    7
    #105
    i am still deciding which of the two to buy... my first choice is really the Honda Jazz, but got swayed by the looks of the Swift. hehe.

    It might be just me, but I feel that the Jazz is a better buy simply because of the great reputation of Honda cars here in the Phils...

  6. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    863
    #106
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT
    ryan: Sorry, to disappoint you but I am not kidding. They are, as you can get a full-sized sedan here by adding a few more Kdough. Maybe not near-equivalent cutting edge technology/feature, but still a car. Now, if you have the money to 'burn', and you like to be unique in a certain sense, then I agree 100%+ they're great drives.
    Ahh...I see. Sorry but I'm curious, like which full sized sedans?

    I guess it just depends how a person classifies a car's worth. Maybe its just me but I think hatches especially like the Jazz has a more practical boot shape than a regular compact sedan.

  7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    4,543
    #107
    Quote Originally Posted by darkhalf
    It might be just me, but I feel that the Jazz is a better buy simply because of the great reputation of Honda cars here in the Phils...
    Suzuki is just not that popular here with cars, but I've read that their quality track record is good. The Swift 1.5 A/T is priced slightly lower than the Jazz VTEC CVT and its also a CBU from Japan.

  8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    4,543
    #108
    Quote Originally Posted by miLes
    saw a white swift last night along ortigas around 1am

    damn ganda talaga

    so got 3 jap cars on my list that looks good on white
    1. mazda3 2L
    2. focus 2L
    3. swift
    The Focus isn't Japanese, its European engineered.

    It shares only 40% commonality of parts(C1 platform) with the Mazda 3 and Volvo S40/V50.

  9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    7
    #109
    Quote Originally Posted by AG4
    Suzuki is just not that popular here with cars, but I've read that their quality track record is good. The Swift 1.5 A/T is priced slightly lower than the Jazz VTEC CVT and its also a CBU from Japan.
    Well... actually, this is no longer true.

    Suzuki is no longer selling stock-only Swifts, and the OEM cosmetics are 78K, making the Swift 1.5 cost 816K...

    Jazz 1.5 is currently 752K, for anyone who wants to know.

    Actually, if the Swift 1.5 was in the price range of 710K and below, I probably would've bought the Swift.

  10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    4,543
    #110
    No more standard Swifts? All come with P78K body kits on them? thats odd.

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast
05 Honda Jazz or 05 Suzuki Swift?