New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    jazz = 30kms / AT / 2nd owner / P420k
    lynx = 19kms / AT / 1st owner / P390K

which would you go? I'm looking at a daily driver. Space is not an issue. I'm more focused on getting the most comfort and least operating cost....

2. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    grabe 2k4 jazz is 420K. laki ng resale value ah.

a 2k3 expedition or venture is less than that

3. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Kenz, ill go for the jazz...- fuel efficient, with respect, high resale value, more durable
    Lynx - resale is too low and yet parts are not so abundant. Honda kahit pakonti konti may surplus.

Note: Jazz and City eh pareho ng mga pyesa halos..nagkaiba lang sila ng body pero sa mga pang ilalim, engine atbp eh pareho sila..

just my two 2 cents....

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    jazz for me. since you will be using it as a daily drive. yari ka sa FC ng Lynx. AT pa yan.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Lynx parts are not difficult if you live in Manila. There are several Banawe shops that sell Ford/Mazda parts, including such uncommon parts as ignition coils and engine sensors. Prices are similar to other cars of the same age.

The Lynx is a more comfortable car, the Jazz has a little more legroom and more headroom, but the seats are very stiff and the suspension is stiffer than the Lynx (which is already on the stiff side). The GSI variant of the Lynx doesn't have very many amenities, though... I'd go for a Ghia, if you can find one... resale value is about the same, and the Ghia has a sunroof, sunshades, a disc changer and leather (which makes the seats even more comfortable).

The one BIG issue with the Lynx is the fuel economy. The economy of the 1.6 AT is wretched. A 1.6 MT is quite a bit better. There are some electronic parts that can give way due to traffic and heat, but they're cheap to replace.

The Jazz is a very practical car... Tons of space, great cargo room... nice to drive (both cars are actually very capable, handling-wise). Downsides are the aforementioned hard seats, stiff suspension and CVT fluid issues... (check if it feels weird... if it doesn't, should be no issues).

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

6. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    ill go for the jazz here pero the problem i have is the price, 04 jazz should not be that high. if the condition of the jazz is A1, then its reasonable na rin siguro. yun lang, i wont buy a jazz at 420k lalo na second owner na. ill still haggle a little more to around 380k - 400k max.

wait lang, is this the 1.5 vtec jazz? if so, pwede! medyo mura na...

04 Jazz Vs 04 Lynx GSI