New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    If you were to choose a daily driver among the 3 models, which will you choose? AT or MT? Please include performance, riding comfort, fuel consumption and maintenance cost. I prfer auto matic transmission though. Do these models have AT?

2. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    i believe lahat yan available sa a/t.

if i were to choose between the 3, i'll definitely choose the x-trail because of its low resale value(which doesn't actually mean that it's not durable/reliable). since you are a second hand buyer you can use this to your advantage because you can get "newer" vehicle with a lot of features with the same price as a later model toyota. and nissan haven't really changed much of the x-trail so your car wouldn't be viewed as a "old model". it's performance and riding comfort is good plus it's interior space is better than the rav4, but it's quite thirsty i've read that it averages 6-7km/l for city driving. maintenance cost wouldn't be as cheap as a toyota but i think it is reasonably priced and the main advantage of the xtrail among the other choices is that it can actually be a good off-roader.

my 2 cents!

3. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    i vote for the XTrail as well but get the 2.5 model. better power and fuel economy ata since less strained yung engine.

Quote Originally Posted by fullmetal View Post
    i believe lahat yan available sa a/t.

if i were to choose between the 3, i'll definitely choose the x-trail because of its low resale value(which doesn't actually mean that it's not durable/reliable). since you are a second hand buyer you can use this to your advantage because you can get "newer" vehicle with a lot of features with the same price as a later model toyota. and nissan haven't really changed much of the x-trail so your car wouldn't be viewed as a "old model". it's performance and riding comfort is good plus it's interior space is better than the rav4, but it's quite thirsty i've read that it averages 6-7km/l for city driving. maintenance cost wouldn't be as cheap as a toyota but i think it is reasonably priced and the main advantage of the xtrail among the other choices is that it can actually be a good off-roader.

my 2 cents!

4. Join Date
    May 2010
    I'll take the X-Trail anytime, in 2.0L guise for everyday travel.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    You won't have any problems finding a/t versions of any of the three choices. I'm not sure but from what I know the X-trail and Outlander only came out with a/t. And most buyers of these vehicles bought a/t.

6. Join Date
    May 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by glntVR View Post
    You won't have any problems finding a/t versions of any of the three choices. I'm not sure but from what I know the X-trail and Outlander only came out with a/t. And most buyers of these vehicles bought a/t.
    Walang manual silang lahat when new..

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by myk384 View Post
    Walang manual silang lahat when new..
    There was a M/T Rav 4 both in 1.8L (4x2) and 2.0L (4x4)models. The A/T version was only a 2.0L (4x4).

I want the X-Trail it's still looks new among the lot.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Thanks for the input. I guess Xtrail would be a good buy. Check ko lang ang idling problem and pulley problems bago decide kunin ang car. Around how much ang going rate ng 2.0 and 2.5 na Xtrail?

9. Join Date
    Mar 2011
    The Outlander is also a good choice since it's full time 4wd and INVECS-2 transmission. The engine has enough torque even when fully loaded(5-adult & 3-children), You won't feel it struggling, unlike the 1.6 a/t cars. The transmission shift early to provide lower fuel consumption ex. 40+km/h on 4th gear. FC Highway-8.5km/L, City 6-8km/l, Very Short Distance(3KM) 4.5-5.0 km/l. Riding Comfort is better because of car like suspension. Seats with good back support for long distance travel. It's 4wd system is at it's best when climbing mall&condo building parking or when parking on sidewalk.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Xtrail for me. Still using mine at 83k km for the last 6 years. Xtrail can easily go beyond 10 years of use.

04/05 RAV 4, X-Trail 2.0 2.5 and Outlander