New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Hi Guys! was originally gunning for an APV pero finances might be tight in the future if I get it. So I'm opting for a Jimny instead. May nakita akong terrano na nasa 300K -ish din pero I'm not sure if I want to go with a car that's more than 5 years old.

I also want to be open to other options that would fit my Between 300-380K-ish budget. I need a car that can withsatand floods, and is fuel efficient.Alam ko na talo ako sa Jimny in terms of space, pero I like how it looks. As opposed to a luggy terrano.

Inputs naman please?

Thank you!

2. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Between the two, I'd choose the Jimny hands down.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Terrano has more room... but the Jimny is cute and stylish. Who cares if it rides like a truck? I'd hit it! (The Jimny, I mean.)

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i prefer the jimny.
    although maliit ang interiors, di naman malakas sa fuel...

5. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    go with the jimny, for economy.

85hp ain't that bad.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Hmmm, I'm not very familiar with these vehicles, pero sabi sa'kin ng friend ko na may Jimny... It gets to 100 kph easy, but tends to stay there. Siguro kung pure city driving ang gamit ok lang pero pag highway...

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by the_noise View Post
    Hmmm, I'm not very familiar with these vehicles, pero sabi sa'kin ng friend ko na may Jimny... It gets to 100 kph easy, but tends to stay there. Siguro kung pure city driving ang gamit ok lang pero pag highway...
    8km per liter
    05 jimny Gate type A/T

Yup 100km, decent crusing speed.

Id go for the Jimny.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    jimny :D

fuel efficient, easy to drive, fun
    Got Mazda?-http://www.MAZDAtech.org [SIZE="1"]est. 2000[/SIZE]
    got mazda 2? -> mazda2ners

9. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by the_noise View Post
    That's because the Jimny wasn't built for speed; it was built for off-road capability. But personally, 100kph is plenty fast, considering it's a cube on wheels.

A former co-worker laments that his Terrano gulped fuel like there was no tomorrow; he was almost tempted to have a KHAOS Gas Saver installed in it.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Thanks for the input guys!

Looks like It's a Jimny for sure. Hmmm. Now if only I can find a good deal for a 2002 or a 2003 model. Rare nga ang nagbebenta. Tsaka weird ang disparity ng prices from - 320k-390k for same year or older. Almost Stock din naman.

And Yeah I'm not a speed demon naman. Plus because my service vehicle now is a scooter I notice that I sometimes feel the urge to cut through traffic even when I am driving our 94 Accord. Hahaha. A motrocycle mindset in a bulky Car is a dangerous thing I think. at least with a Jimny Pwede pa rin sumingit singit. At medyo pangarap ko magdrive sa bat0-bato pag traffic sa roads ng Pobinsya. Gusto kong umakyat ng sidewalk at mag U-turn sa mga island (Joke )

For Those who have a jimny, is it advisable to get a roof box or roof rack na lang? san kaya mura at matibay?

Thanks to all who took the time to give their opinion.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
03 Jimny or 00 Terrano