New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Is it worth my money to exchange my 03 CRV M/t to a Bmw 316 E46 plus a cash out. Never had a euro car before, can you give your inputs regarding the maintenance of this BMW. Mas magastos ba maintenance ng BM compare it with crv in the long term basis? thanks

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Mas mahal yung service ng BMW... especially if you rely on the CASA... also if you're looking at a 316i, you may want to look at a 318i (with the 2.0L 4cylinder engine) as this offers oodles more performance.

Space = CRV
    Comfort = BMW (on the ride side)
    Handling and brakes = BMW
    Value for money and resale = CR-V (opinion ko lang to)
    Engine Performance = CR-V (since its a 316i in question here)
    Service and parts Cost = CR-V
    Practicality for the Philippine road conditions = CR-V

My two cents lang po.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i'll go with vinj, mas practical ang CRV although plus 2 points arrive in style ang BMW

4. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Thanks vinj and kimpoy,

Somehow i knew that the bimmer is costly to maintain, Tama ka kimpoy 2 pogi points lang talaga ang bimmer. Sabi nga nila when your in love you almost want to deny the negative facts of things. Ganda talaga ng E46. Hangang Tingin lang muna bka di pa kaya ng budget ko para sa maintenance cost ng bimmer. In terms of reliability sir ano ang mas ok?

5. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    BMW!!! hehehe! I would suggest that you get at least the 1.8L variant. The 316i is a bit underpowered. Let's wait for our bimmer driving tsikoteers' inputs. Madami din naka-bimmer dito sa tsikot!

6. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    I'd probably go for the Bimmer in a heartbeat :-)

7. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsepower
    I'd probably go for the Bimmer in a heartbeat :-)
    Actually, ako din! I'm not a Honda fan kse eh (pero type ko yung Civic EK3! hehe!)!! Sorry OT!

8. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    dipende siguro sayo yan, these 2 are different type of cars kasi. If i were in your shoes, well, magkano pa ba cacash out mo? mga 300k? I'd probably still do it but only if i have another car. hehe. Sumpingin si BMW e. The maintenance cost is probably the same that is kung hindi ka sa casa magpapa maintainance.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    crv nalang, the bare 316i is not worth it imo

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    If the CRV isn't your only car, go ahead... but if it's your daily service, I'd think twice.

You should also look around and find out about BMW replacement parts and servicing (both casa and outside) before you take the plunge. No matter how little you pay for a luxury car (even one so basic as the 316i), you should be prepared to pay premium money for parts and service.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

03 CRV vs 03 Bmw 316i E46 M/t