New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Since he is also eyeing the Galant VR4, siguro kaya naman niya ang konsumo ng isang well maintained Cefiro which drinks at around 6-7km/L city? IMHO hindi naman ganun ka hayop, ang Galant 2.5V6 ang hayop. So for an economical, practical and sporty compact car get the Civic. For a pseudo-luxury compact car with mid level fuel mileage and performance get the Altis 1.8L. And for a low priced midsize sedan with good performance and ride quality get the Cefiro (which I find to be more refined and timeless as compared to the Galant). BTW, how much is your budget? Maybe we might be able to find more suitable cars for you.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    with great size come great fuel drinking ability hehe.

i'm with the civic and altis on this one. the camry/cefiro/accord/galant cars of world, while having gobs of space, great ride quality, near indestructible reliablity, powerful engines - do consume gas like fish in an aquarium.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    thanks sa mga inputs! as of the budget.. ang kaya ko is around 330k max. pero kung mas less ok rin kasi syempre pag acquire ko ng auto check lahat yan makina, suspension etc...

Im moving towards na nga sa Civic pero syempre nasa list ko paren ang Altis.. pero for Galant, ayoko na

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    I would only be considering the Galant if it was the V6 version. The VR-4 doesn't have enough power. I'm not a big fan of the Altis. And the Civic is a good car engineered for practicality purposes and has a good and thrifty engine (with the similar power levels as the newly launched 1.6L Elantra). The top of the line also features ABS and airbags if I'm not mistaken. If you are the purist though, I'd suggest you go for the EK. Another car worth considering is the Nissan Cefiro. You can get it for a very low price nowadays, lower than the Galant thanks to the Nissan badge. Its a very good car with good performance, ride and looks. All you have to do is change the wheels and you'd be a head turner everywhere you go!
    Just to clarify, there is no Galant VR-4 here. This designation pertains to the 4-wheel drive, turbo Galants and is a common misnomer to the 4 cylinder model.

Amongst the choices, if efficiency, comfort and practicality is your priority, go for the Altis.

I've owned and driven extensively both the ES Civic and ZZ Altis. All-in-all, the ES Civic has been a disappointment for me due to lack of low-end torque (a Honda trait... which is made up with good top-end power), poor insulation (on road noise and maintaining the coolness inside the interior when i shut off the a/c) and the suspension isn't as good as that in the EK if you're looking for positive driving feel.

What i like with the Civic is its design, driver's seating position which puts you more in the car rather than on it (unlike the Altis which is rather awkward for me) and its flat rear passenger floor.

The Altis suspension also held up better than the Civic in spite of the Altis being more abused and the body seems more solid and hefty.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12