New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    hi! im planning to buy a car... please compare the two.. specs. and etc. im new at this. hope you all can help me... which one is the best deal.

also, whats the diff. between vti-s and vti.. and, what is vtec3.. is that a model or an engine.

sorry.

thanks.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    VTi-S has ABS and SRS. Sir and VTi don't.

VTEC3 is what they call the VTEC system used in that generation of engine.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    depending on the condition of the SiR. if it has been well-maintained i'd take it over the VTEC 3. it has a more powerful engine and the double wishbone suspension. thing with the SiR, though, is since it's become an enthusiast's car, many of them have been fully modded and raced, so that shouldn't do too well for it's durability and longevity. if you can find a stock SiR that's been well-maintained, that should be a good buy.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The B16 should stand up well to abuse, but the SiR is going on from 6-8 years old already, so any abused ones should be avoided.

I'd pick a VTi-S if you aren't into racing, the extra power of the SiR really isn't something you can use in everyday traffic... of course, if you can find an unabused one, and you live in the province, I'd buy it just to rev the engine to the limiter once every week... ...do it too often and say hello to high gas bills...

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    [quote=IMm29;688686]thing with the SiR, though, is since it's become an enthusiast's car, many of them have been fully modded and raced, so that shouldn't do too well for it's durability and longevity. quote]

thanks IMm29.

so you mean, if im into durability and longetivity, SiR should not be my top choice?

6. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    The B16 should stand up well to abuse, but the SiR is going on from 6-8 years old already, so any abused ones should be avoided.

I'd pick a VTi-S if you aren't into racing, the extra power of the SiR really isn't something you can use in everyday traffic... of course, if you can find an unabused one, and you live in the province, I'd buy it just to rev the engine to the limiter once every week... ...do it too often and say hello to high gas bills...
    Thanks niky.

lets me just ask, mas importante ba yung year ng sasakyan.. what i mean is.. yung sir 2000 yung vti mga 2002... so, yung vti wla pang 5 years.. di ba? dapat ko bang iconsider yun pagbibili ng 2nd hand car. but i really like sir

confused.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    and important talaga ay ang condition ng car. kung mas alaga naman yung 2000 model, then go for it. the main point here is that, all things equal, an older car would have more problems cropping up soon than a newer one.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by jiboy_69ners View Post
    thanks IMm29.

so you mean, if im into durability and longetivity, SiR should not be my top choice?
    what i meant to say about it being an enthusiast's car is that many have been modded and raced. it's still ok to go for the SiR, for as long as it hasn't been modded and raced. these are the types of SiRs that probably won't last too long down the road. there are still some well-maintained, stock SiRs lurking around, so these are the ones that you should look for.

good luck.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Ako sir ako! looks with performance, yun nga lang walang abs!

10. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Depends on ur "personality", what is more important to u? the mileage ish or the looks, ricer type? Pro 4 myself, I would pick the SiR basta well maintained at di pinangangarera yung mga tipong dad's car! Marami pa yun, hanap ka lng.. Pro don't get the orange color ha... eewww.. laos... and mabilis magfade yung paint na yun, I rarely see orange SiRs na makintab pa, go 4 d black or the few formula red ones mas astig. Mas saleable yung colors na yun in my uncles buy n' sell buss. Lastly, unlike the vti vtec3, this is bound to be a classic on our local market.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
00 honda Sir vs. 02 honda vti vtec3