New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Hi,
    I hope you guys could help me decide between Yaris 1.5 M/T and Vios 1.3 M/T.
    I have read forums about the Vios 1.3 M/T and considering all your ideas, it's a pretty good car but I have not read anything about Yaris 1.5 M/T. I like the looks of the Yaris, fits for a lady, but I'm not sure if it's reliable as the Vios.
    I would greatly appreciate feedback from you guys.
    Thank you very much.

Jennivivs

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Same engine series and transmission. Same reliability.

The Yaris is a nicer car.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Its basically the same car with a different shell. The Vios is sold in the US as the Yaris sedan. There are some Vios 1.5G taxis as well, so reliability can definitely be guaranteed. Take note though, that the Yaris is one cramped car.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The Vios and Yaris both have small-ish back seats compared to the Jazz/Fit and Accent... but at least you can recline the Yaris rear seats.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    ...also take note that the 2012 Yaris has been released already. Not sure though when it will reach our shores...

6. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    How would you compare a car with 1.5 engine vs one with 1.3 engine? I go for Yaris!

Due to the extra weight in the Vios I wouldn't expect it to get a noticeably better fuel-efficiency than the Yaris 1.5, that would also have a better throttle response...

8. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    they're both reliable...but the yaris is pricier than the 1.3 m/t vios

Quote Originally Posted by yep View Post
    they're both reliable...but the yaris is pricier than the 1.3 m/t vios
    So the Vios would be my choice. Enough power and torque, with a better luggage compartment.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    I have had a 2009 Vios 1.3J MT and now currently owns a 2010 Vios 1.5G AT.

This makes me dying to have a Yaris MT. I know how fun and fuel efficient the 1.3J MT is and i know how powerful and the lightweight of my Vios 1.5G could run even though it's a matic. So, fun and efficiency of the manual tranny plus the more powerful 1.5L engine and an even lighter weight of Yaris might just make a fun and practical city car.

I think both are bout just as reliable as the other. My Vios havent set foot on any repair shop since purchase and i dont think it will anytime soon

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Yaris 1.5 M/T or Vios 1.3 M/T?