New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    I've visited Mitsu's website and in fact there is a 4x4 version of the Montero Sport.

Here are the prices

- GLS A/T 4x2 - not sure of the price
    - GLS A/T 4x4 - 1.5 million
    - GLS SE A/T 4x4 - 1.680 million

*TS - dont you like mitsu fuzion or mitsu outie?

2. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    si renzo naghahanap ng info hehehe

hmm hilux tsk3 matagtag masyado bumyahe kami pagudpod sakit sa katawan nasa back seat ako.. and di ka makakatulog.. try isuzu alterra it has 3.0 engine

3. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    I've visited Mitsu's website and in fact there is a 4x4 version of the Montero Sport.

Here are the prices

Montero 4x2 is 1.330 million! cheaper than the fort 4x2 (1.448 M and 1.383 M)!

4. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by denier13 View Post
    Montero 4x2 is 1.330 million! cheaper than the fort 4x2 (1.448 M and 1.383 M)!
    Sir denier: Ang alam ko introductory price lang po ang 1.330 million, and ang pagkakaalam ko, from march '09 - april '09 lang daw yun

5. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by kevin3000 View Post
    si renzo naghahanap ng info hehehe

hmm hilux tsk3 matagtag masyado bumyahe kami pagudpod sakit sa katawan nasa back seat ako.. and di ka makakatulog.. try isuzu alterra it has 3.0 engine
    Ahaha. For what? Montero? di eh. :rofl:

6. Join Date
    May 2005
    Since the TS mentioned "provincial roads", I would recommend either of the Toyotas. Body on frame [hilux or fortuner] (as opposed to monocoque) [x-trail] will probably cope better for the rougher roads and ruts in the province. In fact, they should opt for the 4x4 variants if possible.

When it comes to diesel, I think the Mitsubishi Montero Sport is a better choice than the D-4D of the Toyotas. At least, Mitsubishi DiD doesn't have any choking, hard starting, black smoke issues that some Toyota D-4D (diesel) do have.

If its for city use, the X-trail will get by easily. But then again, there are other better choices when it comes to CUVs.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2006

Here are the prices

- GLS A/T 4x2 - 1.330 million
    - GLS A/T 4x4 - PHASED OUT

..syempre ill suggest the Montero Sport.. " Di lang pang pamilya, pang isports pa"..

8. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by JPG111 View Post
    - GLS A/T 4x2 - 1.330 million
    - GLS A/T 4x4 - PHASED OUT

..syempre ill suggest the Montero Sport.. " Di lang pang pamilya, pang isports pa"..
    I didn't know that GLS AT 4x4 was Phased Out

What could have been the reason?

9. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Ang luma na ng Xtrail and I wouldn't even consider it... May bagong Xtrail na pero the NMPI folks are so stubborn! For me I would say either Montero Sport or Ford Everest.

I don't know kasi what you mean by provincial roads? Dami na rin kasing province where roads are abound kasi may kickback si governor! Pag may asphalt naman a CUV should be ok since mas comfortable and more fun to drive pa rin than ladder frames... Sa CUV of course the bias me says Santa Fe kasi sya lang ang diesel na 7 seater, meron ding Captiva (also diesel pero mas mahina and 7 seater) pero who wants to buy a car from a zombie company? The gas alternatives are the Forester and Outlander. While good in city driving kapag provincial trips and long trips paktay ka talaga pag gas engine. Although di direct comparison, pero it gives you an idea. One of my friends tried testing out a Santa Fe and a Dodge Nitro and went to Pagudpod in Ilocos Norte. The Santa Fe spent only P3700++ in diesel while the Dodge Nitro spent a bit above P10,000

10. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    I didn't know that GLS AT 4x4 was Phased Out

What could have been the reason?
    maybe just to give way to the new 2.5 4x4 manual MS..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
X-Trail or other SUVs (Fortuner, etc.)?