New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Cash has always been the best option if you can pay up front. But the problem is that I heard a lot of people saying when you pay in full, the BIR will come and kulit you. Is that true? So will it be better to pay through a car loan?

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    That's not true. The BIR has not harassed me and I bought all my cars CASH. Syempre mga binibili ko naman di naman mamahalin iba na if you buy a Lambo like that pawnshop guy with cash. Or was it a McLaren SLR?

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    pay cash if you can.
    you save money that way.
    plus, you save yourself the hassle of the monthly drudge..
    Last edited by dr. d; November 12th, 2010 at 12:33 AM.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    mas ok kung cash.. but in reality mas maraming nag lloan kahit sobrang laki ng interest rate dahil wala namang ganung kalaking pera. at isa na ako dun! :D

5. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    cash, pero mag cost benefit analysis ka muna...

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    dapat kasi gawin ng bir, the interest that you pay for a car can be deducted to your income so you pay less tax, that way madaming tao maeengganyo mag car loan thus stimulating the bank as well as the car industry. that's how they do it in the US. para maging accessible and car to all filipinos. hindi lang yung mga may kay.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    if you have the money pay in cash. say for a 1M car and the rate of 27% for 5years. that's a whooping 270K savings. hindi kikitain ng pera mo yan kung nakadeposit lang sa bank.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by KCboy View Post
    dapat kasi gawin ng bir, the interest that you pay for a car can be deducted to your income so you pay less tax, that way madaming tao maeengganyo mag car loan thus stimulating the bank as well as the car industry. that's how they do it in the US. para maging accessible and car to all filipinos. hindi lang yung mga may kay.
    Kaya nga nagkaroon ng Great Recession sa US. Many people borrowed too much and in the end they can't pay them and the banks got hit and everyone got hit! Housing nga lang at hindi cars... We still have to be very conservative when giving loans...

9. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    kung may cash mas maganda pay in cash..

pero kung 0% interest naman e di mag loan na..like my dad's everest 12months 0%interest.
    pero yung vios ko naka TFC hehehe walang cash e..

10. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Cash is nice. Pero kung sa tingin mo mas malaki kikitain ng pera mo (mas mabilis mo mapapaikot para mag self liquidate), kesa sa interest na mag aacrue sa pag bili thru financing eh mas Ok financing.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Would you pay cash or loan?