New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by minicarph View Post
    then prepare to become more broken-hearted, doc. yan kasi random feeling of nostalgia, It has been said that you are somehow lost. so you are trying to recoup what's was left of your past na nagkarun ka ng good times

so if will restore something and show it off, and people acknowledge it, then emotional crisis solved. you can continue with life. pero ganyan pa ang katwiran mo sa sarili, imagine you're gonna spend time and effort for it, just to hide it for yourself. Ewan ko, that's depression in the making.
    i'm not broken-hearted.

methinks you are speaking from your personal experience, and transfering it to me..

2. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    The problem with restoring is that you alone will apreciate it.

When it is your time to pass by, your relatives will see the car as "karag" at "luma" and will sell it as junk.

Sent from my BLL-L22 using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by chronicle View Post
    The problem with restoring is that you alone will apreciate it.

When it is your time to pass by, your relatives will see the car as "karag" at "luma" and will sell it as junk.

Sent from my BLL-L22 using Tapatalk
    Thats a fact with a lot of collectibles, be it cars, stamps, toys, etc.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Yatta View Post
    Thats a fact with a lot of collectibles, be it cars, stamps, toys, etc.
    even real estate.
    ...the elder one's dream, is the younger one's headache...
    "i-benta na yan!"
    OT.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    This box-type may have better parts availability than that Lancer. A Bentley Manual will make things much easier.
    Here's one guy's masochistic, no-lookin'-back restoration journey.[emoji4]
    Here's Exactly What It Cost Me To Buy And Rebuild A BMW E3

6. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    alam ko naman kung san nanggaling eto sudden interest in restoring 80s cars, coz of this guy's vlogs.

ive had the Civic esi as my hand me down college car noon pero wala eh Ewan ko ba wala sentimentality value sa kin, even if that car had good memories.

I don't even bother to watch his youtube vids, coz I wanna move forward. This millennial thing is very serious, pag Hinde kayo kumilos, they will phase you out and just cry in that sad corner of newly built house and collection of old cars with no value.

time is the only way to beat the millennials in their own game. kaya is Juts, our moderator , newly wed millennial yan, monitor ko ng husto kilos nyan, kitamo mga gusto Alexa, google home, smart tv, connected home etc

payo ko sa Inyo wag na, those things are the past. pero kung Land Cruiser pa restore nyo. pwede pa.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by travajante View Post
    This box-type may have better parts availability than that Lancer. A Bentley Manual will make things much easier.
    Here's one guy's masochistic, no-lookin'-back restoration journey.[emoji4]
    Here's Exactly What It Cost Me To Buy And Rebuild A BMW E3
    back in 2009- 2011, I was an avid follower of Counting Cars and Pawnstar's episodes.

watched a lot of them. pero what did Ford do, they released the refreshed 2013 Production Mustang. wala sayang lang lahat ng mag pinanood ko, if Ford can resurrected their old cars, and fit it modern car tech at lower prices than restored cars. what's the point diba? Im also a businessman. I won't venture into something that will waste my time tapas wala din.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    not all rare or famously desire-able old cars sell well.
    they got to have some sort of provenance.
    now, if one of them mustangs was once owned by steve mang queen and still clearly shows his sweat on the upholstery...

9. Join Date
    May 2019
    It might be cool to drive one, but they’re not safe compared to today’s cars. Not to mention hidden rusty parts. So no, it ain’t worth it.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by minicarph View Post
    back in 2009- 2011, I was an avid follower of Counting Cars and Pawnstar's episodes.

watched a lot of them. pero what did Ford do, they released the refreshed 2013 Production Mustang. wala sayang lang lahat ng mag pinanood ko, if Ford can resurrected their old cars, and fit it modern car tech at lower prices than restored cars. what's the point diba? Im also a businessman. I won't venture into something that will waste my time tapas wala din.
    same as when VW resurrects their classic beetle some 15 years ago i think

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Is it worth to restore a box-type Lancer?