New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    ito astig maski older than the box type

2. Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Yang bar type na lancer ang first car ko.

Meron nagbenta sa FB marketplace niyan recently. Restored daw except may konti ng kalawang. Guy was selling it for Php60k, bilis nabenta

3. Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    If it's for personal hobby, why not? But you should be prepared to spend more money than the car is worth.

If it's to use it as personal daily transport (to save money from buying a new/newer car), no, it will not be worth it.

BTW, if you are going to restore it, you will first have to take it apart, clean it up, fix up the chassis and install all the parts back, replacing worn out stuff as you go. It will be a long & hard process if you really want to restore the car to a roadworthy and reliable condition.
    Would I end up spending a lot pero masakit pa rin ang ulo ko to make it roadworthy and reliable? Thanks.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by pilaty View Post
    Would I end up spending a lot pero masakit pa rin ang ulo ko to make it roadworthy and reliable? Thanks.
    restoring one is a labor of love.
    i do it because i like to do it, and not because i intend to make significant money by selling it afterward.
    if the objective of the restoration is so's one may have a car to drive, perhaps getting a more recent, already-running vehicle, is the more practical thing to do.

if you restore it well the first time, then you will probably meet with less parts to fix, later on.
    it's an old car. old parts will need servicing, sooner and sooner.

it's the reason i went the easy way out.
    bumili na lang ako ng mas bagong kotse.
    Last edited by dr. d; November 2nd, 2019 at 08:00 AM.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by enzo6k View Post
    same as when VW resurrects their classic beetle some 15 years ago i think
    Yup kaya nga sometimes, manood ka na lang ng super dami na car restoration tv shows to kill that emotion na gusto mo mag restore ng cars.

Kasi anu ba hinde nyo na account when you restore, for one that is a dirty job. Scoutig junk shops or even talking to banawe peddlers na galing sa sipon or puno ng grasa, then sasakay sa current car mo to point you to the be best parts deslers, tapos lesther seat mo namantsahan pa ng grasa

And then there are these accidents when you change the oil pr clean the oil at sumabog sa eyes mo, syempre matstskot ka baka mabulag ka or when habsng may nag wewekding na bugshan yun bago mo adidias ulttaboostd

Hinde kasi ina account eto ng mga would be restorers, all they picture in their heads is magiging sikat sila,

Manood na lang kayo ng restoration videos until such time as nawala na hun urge pr itch for you to restore a car

Saka wag nyo na panooring yun nag revive ng 80s 90s cars sa youtube , youtube monetization ang hidden agenda nun lol

Pag nag 1M views na yun, tingen nyo box type lancer car nun, hinde bibile din ng bago yun

6. Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    restoring one is a labor of love.
    i do it because i like to do it, and not because i intend to make significant money by selling it afterward.
    if the objective of the restoration is so's one may have a car to drive, perhaps getting a more recent, already-running vehicle, is the more practical my ip birthday wishes tneb thing to do.

if you restore it well the first time, then you will probably meet with less parts to fix, later on.
    it's an old car. old parts will need servicing, sooner and sooner.

it's the reason i went the easy way out.
    bumili na lang ako ng mas bagong kotse.
    if the objective of the restoration is so's one may have a car to drive, perhaps getting a more recent, already-running vehicle, is the more practical thing to do.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2019
    If you will restore it for the fun of it, or as a hobby. Then okay po yun. Prepare lang ng medyo malaki dahil malaki magagastos. But for Daily Drive, wag po siguro. Kelangan ng magaling na mechanic para maging reliable for daily drive yung Lancer.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Is it worth to restore a box-type Lancer?