New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Thanks sa mga tips!

OT: nice to see Dieselclub originals posting here, appreciate your replies!

2. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    For me:
    No test drive, No deal..
    Paano ko ma access ang condition ng car kung di ko ma feel ang behaviour nya when actually driven on the road. Remember di ito brand new car with full warranty!! Lahat ng problema after ko mabili ay gastos ko na..

Another thing.
    I will inspect the under chassis of the car, for that I will require the unit to be raised in service station hydraulic lift. If the owner will not allow the lift.. I will walk away.. Why? Malaki possibilidad na ang sasakyan na yan ay may problema sa pang ilalim, most probably bulok ang chassis/frame.. kasi pag bulok yan, mayuyupi ang parte kung saan nakatutok ang hydraulic lifter pag-angat!! This is MUST check especially for 10 years old & older cars..
    Last edited by weisshorn; March 2nd, 2013 at 09:55 AM.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    My take, just be honest and put yourself in the position of the Buyers... then that would be your choice....

4. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Sakin, dapat test drive at full inspection before giving my hard earned money.

Its a buyer's market out there. Kung ayaw padrive, wag bilhin. Bibilhin natin on an as-is-where-is basis tapos walang testing? Kung cellphone nga tinetesting muna kahit brand new.

Kaya nga buyers beware eh. Anyway, to the lawyers out there, kung di pina-test drive yung kotse and after buying, you notice na its a rolling coffin, pwede ba idemanda yung seller and demand money back? Is this similar to non disclosure kung nabaha yung kotse? Doesnt this qualify na yung seller did not sell the car in good faith?

5. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Have sold a few rides of mine before, I grant a test drive provided he leaves his car at my house then I would accompany him only the two of us. If the role is reversed ( I'm the buyer ) I would also request for a test drive but subject to the seller's condition. Give and take lang po iyan.

6. Join Date
    May 2005
    only if i have verified the backround of the buyer. otherwise, i just let him touch it.

there are a lot of modus being used. one buyer even came on a benz and when he came back the next time to buy the unit, he was using the another benz complete with driver. of course the seller allowed the test ride this time before the pay off. 30 minutes passed he was still nowhere to be found. when seller checked on the driver left on his benz, driver's reply was di ko po kilala yun rent a car lang po ako

this happened in a closed subdivision in QC, Philam Homes.
    Last edited by fireblade; March 4th, 2013 at 09:58 AM.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Ditto as most people. No test drive, no deal.

Especially when shopping for 2nd hand matic. Sliding clutch is very important to determine.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Whole family and a mechanic we both knew came to look at the car. All the boys went on the test drive. Iniwan si missis sa bahay. Deal went through the next day.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Anybody here watch cajun pawn stars? Someone selling his ferrari 348 to the pawnshop, but before they even ask the price, the shop owner asked for a test drive. By the time he is about to park, the pawn shop owner scraped the bottom of the front bumper on a sidewalk. Im like, "uh that hurts". Then later they talked about the price, the ferrari owner selling it for 50k, and the pawnshop offered 30k. In short they never made a deal.

I was like, how about that scrape? Im sure he will pay for it behind the cam. Ive never owned something as expensive as ferrari, but if it was me, you can only test drive it if you are a sure buyer. I would probably have the buyer as passenger and I'll drive the hell out of the ferrari, not let two morons drive it while I wait at the side walk.

10. Join Date
    May 2004
    nakakatakot din minsan mag pa test drive eh... pero mahirap naman bilhin ng walang test drive... pero meron ako dati nabenta lancer sa small parking space lang nag test drive hindi pa umabot ng 20kph... pero sinabi ko may kalampag... ayun binili naman...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast