New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    i am curious.
    sa dinami-dami ng choices, why the ford escape?
    Thank you for reading my post Doc, actually, we're still open to any recommendations, tho we did actually consider other brands like the older gen KIA Sportage and Hyundai Tucson, but based on what I have read so far, for the GAS variants, Escape 2.3 is still the most economical and roomiest in terms of interior space.

But please do enlighten me if I am wrong as I am only basing this all on what I have read on the net. We truly value all your inputs.

Thank you very much again

2. Join Date
    Feb 2015
    1. Will long-term maintenance be an issue in terms of cost, labor and parts availability?

Hindi po ba sya hassle or expensive to maintain?

• The most expensive you are going to replace, which is common issue for this model, is the engine mount. There are 4 which cost 5.5k (front), 6k (back), 5.8k (left) & 9.7k (right). PowerTorq has these so I imagine other parts are still available. The ford escape has been around since 2000 with little change to it's engine, transmission and suspension so parts are not that scarce.

San kayo nagpapa change oil?

• Servitek. 4.3L of oil. You can even bring your own oil. They have an oil filter for Escape, it's a common Ford/Mazda filter.

2. Fuel consumption as a daily driver and for out of town trips?

• City 5-6 km/l, Highway 10 km/l. It's a 2.3L 4AT, you should be expecting horrible fuel consumption.

Kamusta naman ang hatak nya for steep roads and inclines?

• No problem, it's a 2.3L.

Hindi naman po ba hirap especially when there's traffic?

• No

3. Flood forging capabilities? Nalusong nyo na po ba ang Escape nyo sa baha? gano po kalalim and kinaya naman po ba matawaid yung baha w/out any problems after?

• The air intake is just below the head light, so I wouldn't wade at that height. In general, I wouldn't wade with any vehicle more than half the wheel height.

4. Related to Q2 - Ideal lang po ba nasa mga known casa (other than FORD like Servitek, Rapide, Motech etc.) lang sya dapat dalhin or any trusted mechanic w/ Ford know-how should do?

• Servitek. Personally, PowerTorq. Engine, transmission and suspension is relatively simple so it's easy to maintain. You can even DIY since there's so much room to workaround in the engine bay.

5. What specific things or issues should we look out for when inspecting a unit? Also should we request for a test drive?

• Engine support. It's a common issue for this unit. Vibrating steering wheel when idle, this means one of the engine support is worn already.

6. Lastly, could you recommend a buy and sell casa in the vicinity of Makati or anywhere South in general?

• I would recommend buying it directly to the owner.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by kebloks View Post
    1. Will long-term maintenance be an issue in terms of cost, labor and parts availability?

Hindi po ba sya hassle or expensive to maintain?

• The most expensive you are going to replace, which is common issue for this model, is the engine mount. There are 4 which cost 5.5k (front), 6k (back), 5.8k (left) & 9.7k (right). PowerTorq has these so I imagine other parts are still available. The ford escape has been around since 2000 with little change to it's engine, transmission and suspension so parts are not that scarce.

San kayo nagpapa change oil?

• Servitek. 4.3L of oil. You can even bring your own oil. They have an oil filter for Escape, it's a common Ford/Mazda filter.

2. Fuel consumption as a daily driver and for out of town trips?

• City 5-6 km/l, Highway 10 km/l. It's a 2.3L 4AT, you should be expecting horrible fuel consumption.

Kamusta naman ang hatak nya for steep roads and inclines?

• No problem, it's a 2.3L.

Hindi naman po ba hirap especially when there's traffic?

• No

3. Flood forging capabilities? Nalusong nyo na po ba ang Escape nyo sa baha? gano po kalalim and kinaya naman po ba matawaid yung baha w/out any problems after?

• The air intake is just below the head light, so I wouldn't wade at that height. In general, I wouldn't wade with any vehicle more than half the wheel height.

4. Related to Q2 - Ideal lang po ba nasa mga known casa (other than FORD like Servitek, Rapide, Motech etc.) lang sya dapat dalhin or any trusted mechanic w/ Ford know-how should do?

• Servitek. Personally, PowerTorq. Engine, transmission and suspension is relatively simple so it's easy to maintain. You can even DIY since there's so much room to workaround in the engine bay.

5. What specific things or issues should we look out for when inspecting a unit? Also should we request for a test drive?

• Engine support. It's a common issue for this unit. Vibrating steering wheel when idle, this means one of the engine support is worn already.

6. Lastly, could you recommend a buy and sell casa in the vicinity of Makati or anywhere South in general?

• I would recommend buying it directly to the owner.

Thank you very much sire for your inputs, we truly appreciate them.

So it is true that FORD parts are a bit more expensive compared to other Japanese brands. Apart from the Engine support, is there any other issue to watch out for or look into thoroughly?

As for fuel consumption - City 5-6 km/l, Highway 10 km/l ; Is there any way to improve it? will a light foot on the pedal help?

I dont have any Servitek near our place, pwede na ba sya pa change oil sa Shell gas station?

Can you recommend a better more fuel efficient alternative to this one? we just prefer to get something higher than a sedan (2011 onwards) so we can have more confidence wading below the need floods if we had to. We also considered getting an Innova Gas but for the same price range you only end up with much older models (2005-2008).

We're considering purchasing from Automobilico in Sucat or a second hand casa that we found in Laguna. Anyone here who has transacted with Automobilico before?

Thank you again sir for your feedback.

Bon A.

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213
Why should i consider Ford Escape (2nd hand) Please help to decide.