New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    considering that you have already got a xerox copy of the OR and CR..how do I go about confirming it..?
    may babayaran ba?
    madali lang ba?
    dapat ba kung saan unang naregister or dun sa recent na location lang?
    which window or department sa LTO ang lalapitan?
    thanks pips

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by El Loco
    considering that you have already got a xerox copy of the OR and CR..how do I go about confirming it..?
    may babayaran ba?
    madali lang ba?
    dapat ba kung saan unang naregister or dun sa recent na location lang?
    which window or department sa LTO ang lalapitan?
    thanks pips
    pre, first and foremost, hindi sa LTO lumalapit to verify a hot car. sa PNP trafcom dapat. dun din kumukuha ng clearance pagka magpapachange ownership ka.

in your case, i would suggest the following:

a) directly ask the seller for the original OR and CR, or at least take a look at it before getting the car. kung hotcar yung oto, malamang walang original OR/CR yun, except kung nagpagawa ng bago sa LTO na rin.

b) if also possible, during the purchase of the second hand vehicle, try to ask within the package a transfer of ownership, wherein at least, merong police clearance na iproprovide na yung seller.

c) regarding to letter b, kung wala, try to ask the seller to go with you during the transfer of ownership process.

there is no surefire way on determining how a certain car is a hot car dahil ang database ng hotcars eh nasa PNP-Trafcom pa, except of course, on doing the above steps.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    kung meron ka na xerox ng OR & CR gawa letter sa originating LTO office (yung LTO office na naka reflect s CR) na nagrerequest ka kung tama at dun nga naka register yung sasakyan, at sa name na naka appear dun sa hawak mong xerox copy na OR CR. sa kapiltoyo pasig sa PNP di ko sure kung paano maka secure ng info if the vehicle is hot car, check mo din yung actual motor and chassis ng sasakyan vs CR na hawak mobaka magka-iba, mas madali magpagawa ng me problemang engine kesa me problemang papel. (talo ka kapag nabayaran mo na tapos meron problema papeles).
    basta wag ka magmadali hanggat di mo na verify ang papers.8)8)8)8)8)

4. Join Date
    May 2010
    Guys, I'm just new here and i made the biggest mistake of my life.

I think i just bought a "hot" car, though hindi ko pa naveverify. But kasi ayaw ng sumagot nung nagbenta sakin, unattended na ung number nya and I feel so humiliated by making this Huge mistake and i feel so hopeless right now.

The situation:

I saw an ad in the newspaer for a vios 2006 model and i contacted the owner. In weeks after negotiation, I was able to get the car. before getting it, I inspected it's body and engine by my mechanic and he said it was ok. I texted LTO through their hotline (2600) confirming the vehicle and it did confirm details regarding it. The guy seems like a friendly guy and since I'm just a newbie in doing these kind of business, I ended up the deal with him considering that I trusted him well. And that's the biggest mistake I commited and that frustration is killing me right now. I feel so helpless, I feel so ashamed because i discover that the original OR and CR he gave me is fake and the owner in the LTO database is different. And even though i have a deed of sale, I know it will be worthless because if he is not the true owner of the car, I just wasted 300000 pesos of my sister.

My sister paid for the car and I feel so dumb because I fall for his trap. Now I am so miserable and i feel so down I want to die. I don't want my family to suffer because of my dumb decisions.

I don't know what to do right now. I was from the happiest man of having my car to the most depressed person i can ever be. My eyes hurts from crying every night. I don't want to go to prison of put my family in the biggest humiliation.

Please guys, if you know anything to solve this. Help me please...

5. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    For me the best way is to consult a lawyer regarding this matter . Even they give you a a fake OR and CR meaning to say that the seller has a bad intention and the did of sale that he gave you will be the proof that you have a transaction happen .
    Hope you get your money back.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by JustJest View Post
    Guys, I'm just new here and i made the biggest mistake of my life.

I think i just bought a "hot" car, though hindi ko pa naveverify. But kasi ayaw ng sumagot nung nagbenta sakin, unattended na ung number nya and I feel so humiliated by making this Huge mistake and i feel so hopeless right now.

The situation:

I saw an ad in the newspaer for a vios 2006 model and i contacted the owner. In weeks after negotiation, I was able to get the car. before getting it, I inspected it's body and engine by my mechanic and he said it was ok. I texted LTO through their hotline (2600) confirming the vehicle and it did confirm details regarding it. The guy seems like a friendly guy and since I'm just a newbie in doing these kind of business, I ended up the deal with him considering that I trusted him well. And that's the biggest mistake I commited and that frustration is killing me right now. I feel so helpless, I feel so ashamed because i discover that the original OR and CR he gave me is fake and the owner in the LTO database is different. And even though i have a deed of sale, I know it will be worthless because if he is not the true owner of the car, I just wasted 300000 pesos of my sister.

My sister paid for the car and I feel so dumb because I fall for his trap. Now I am so miserable and i feel so down I want to die. I don't want my family to suffer because of my dumb decisions.

I don't know what to do right now. I was from the happiest man of having my car to the most depressed person i can ever be. My eyes hurts from crying every night. I don't want to go to prison of put my family in the biggest humiliation.

Please guys, if you know anything to solve this. Help me please...
    Were you able to verify the car with Crame? I am sorry for your experience Bro. One BIG Lesson Learned. Charge to experience. Try to be positive pa din.

7. Join Date
    May 2010
    thanks for the advice speed unlimited... Even though i dont want to undergo any trial but I guess that's the best option for me.

*crunchy

Nope i haven't done the verification in Camp Crame yet because I'm afriad they might charge me of the Anti-Fencing Law if they really find out that it was a hotcar. but can I just call them so that I can verify if it was or not? I'm from malolos bulacan pa dude...

I really hate this feeling of being stuck to a situation and you can do nothing about it. I hate myself more than i hate those people who fooled me to doing.

Arrggghh..!!! Are there any other options?

8. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Yaiks! Since I am also looking for a second hand car, this serves as a warning thread for me.

But, you said that " I texted LTO through their hotline (2600) confirming the vehicle and it did confirm details regarding it.", so basically hindi mo kasalanan coz you did your homework. Nagtataka lang ako bakit iba yung records then hindi pa din flagged as hot car. Flawed din pala yan 2600?

Anyone has a more in-depth experience regarding this, kindly enlighten us.

9. Join Date
    May 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by artsky View Post
    Yaiks! Since I am also looking for a second hand car, this serves as a warning thread for me.

But, you said that " I texted LTO through their hotline (2600) confirming the vehicle and it did confirm details regarding it.", so basically hindi mo kasalanan coz you did your homework. Nagtataka lang ako bakit iba yung records then hindi pa din flagged as hot car. Flawed din pala yan 2600?

Anyone has a more in-depth experience regarding this, kindly enlighten us.
    Actually, it's still my fault because in the LTO text serbive, they will onliy give you details regarding model, maker, last registered, alarms, apprehensions, etc. not the engine number, chassis number, owner etc... mga ganun... kaya ayun nagkandaloko loko na lahat...!!! hayz.. I'm so stupid...

Nevertheless got to move on with a lesson to be learned and a shame to live forever...

when buying 2nd hand car..pano pa confirm na di hot car?