New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post

Casa - parts are replaced after their 'recommended service life', or observance of "tool life" + preventive maintenance...

Sa labas,- "if it ain't broke, don't fix it"....

18.8K:dance1:
    Yup. But if you're conscious about things, you can still apply the preventive maintenance on your own and don't necessarily have to follow the "if it ain't broke..." method This is what i do, hindi pa sira but i already change certain parts when i feel they are nearing the end of their good service lifespan (i.e. belts, suspension components, brake pads, etc.). I still save by buying the parts outside and having my suking mechanic/shop do it.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by ans_lim168 View Post
    For me, I just keep the receipt and make a record of what vehicle repairs was done to my car.
    Same. Esp, if you're near to selling the car. I even keep the changed parts so I may show the buyers as well as the receipts.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Sa katulad ko na kulang pa ang experience sa car at wala pang nakikitang suking mechanic (ung confident ako na alam nya ang ginagawa nya).

Saka how much ba dapat ang measurement ng mahal.

if a apple to apple work comparison, sa suking mechanic vs casa has a difference of Php2,000 do you consider it already as mahal?

Papaano kung ung additional Php 2,000 ay meron others na ginawa sa casa as part of standard package for that particular scope of work, does it still fall under mahal sa casa?

4. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Manilablock View Post
    if a apple to apple work comparison, sa suking mechanic vs casa has a difference of Php2,000 do you consider it already as mahal?
    yes, lalo na kung tight ang budget mo.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    Yup. But if you're conscious about things, you can still apply the preventive maintenance on your own and don't necessarily have to follow the "if it ain't broke..." method This is what i do, hindi pa sira but i already change certain parts when i feel they are nearing the end of their good service lifespan (i.e. belts, suspension components, brake pads, etc.). I still save by buying the parts outside and having my suking mechanic/shop do it.
    Kung ikaw iyan bro.,- no doubt,- I trust you....

But a good number of our fellow(beloved) motorists,- they're just drivers....

Only one of our rides remain to be casa-maintained (dahil sa warranty)..- pero brake pads niya,- bili ng OEM parts sa labas at install sa suking talyer....

The rest of our rides, as soon as out of warranty na sila, sa suking gasolinahan at talyer.... And yes, I change components depende sa researched info as they are nearing their "tool life"

18.8K:dance1:

6. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Manilablock View Post
    Sa katulad ko na kulang pa ang experience sa car at wala pang nakikitang suking mechanic (ung confident ako na alam nya ang ginagawa nya).

Saka how much ba dapat ang measurement ng mahal.

Papaano kung ung additional Php 2,000 ay meron others na ginawa sa casa as part of standard package for that particular scope of work, does it still fall under mahal sa casa?
    Yup mahal.

Esp. If magagawa naman sa labas yan for less than a thousand.

--

Dipende rin kasi sa mechanic. Meron mga mekaniko na maalam, meron naman nanghuhula lang. Tsaka kailangan talaga na preventive pa rin mga owners, hindi yung if ain't broke, don't fix it.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post

Kung ikaw iyan bro.,- no doubt,- I trust you....
    I knew you would... :gayfight: Hehehe...

It's the same case with my relatives who cannot go out and pay attention to their fleet of cars; pa-CASA nalang. They just ask me or my bro to go over the repair order and estimates for useless add-ons and parts that can be obtained cheaper outside.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234