New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by confused shoes View Post
    *TS, it would have been better kung meron tayong mabibiling diesel na Grand Vitara. d_mac can tell more about the diesel GV which is available kung saan sya naroroon.

We considered also the X-trail because we can get a younger unit with the limited budget. Since hindi namang araw-araw tatakbo, medyo ok na rin sa amin yung medyo malakas sa gas which I think hindi maglalayo sa Grand Vitara based sa mga nabasa ko sa mga forums. The pick-up would be a nice option too pero mahal pa rin ang medyo bata-batang unit. I found a 2004 D-max with an odo of about 280K Km (close to d_mac D-max odo) advertised at sulit.com and the seller is still asking for more than Php600K! Ewan lang kung ano ang meron sa kanyang pick-up.

My wife drives a D-max though and she prefer driving it over a sedan. Reason? Mataas daw at malaki ang side mirror. Kita nya lahat ang traffic at most angles. Magaling daw makipagsiksikan kahit isang batalyon na tricycle.
    Yup chief, would have been better if the diesel Grand Vitara 1.9 DDiS 4x4 (130 hp, 300 Nm torque at 2000 rpm) is in Philippines. Comes with a Renault-designed engine (Viva Le France made hehe ). I only got to experience the diesel-version when i was assigned in Spain and France in 2008 to 2010, it was a 3-door GV, and i like it. If only that is issued in Philippines instead of the 2.4-litre gasoline, it would have been a better sales figure for the GV ;) .... Amongst it many awards since Suzie came out with the Vitara first time in the late 80's, is that it was also the 2008, 2009 and 2010 Best Compact SUV in several Aussie 4x4 off-road magazines ....Off-road is its natural habitat, aside from it as an exceptionally well-mannered ride as a city car.

Quote Originally Posted by confused shoes View Post
    ayaw ko dyan sa D-max, nauuntog ang aking ulo sa kisame pag ako'y nasa likod lalo na pag si misis ang nasa manibela. Siguro nananadya, hehe. Sa tipid at overall maintenance cost. Matipid talaga. We spent less maintenance cost than our just given up Altis. Siguro casa differences na rin.
    Haha! Hindi ka bibiruin ng mga leaf springs ng D-max at ng Hilux chief.... Perfect excuse yan sa mga wifey master-and-commander lalo kapag may atraso asawa nila and they're the ones driving

Cheers!

Last edited by d_mac; December 2nd, 2012 at 07:40 PM.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2012

Xin chao Dienmay! Khoe khong em?

We don't understand any Vietnamese by the way em oi!

3. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    An uncle and aunt of mine has a 2012 Isuzu D-Max IPV (4JA1-L engine) as a business vehicle. I have driven it a couple of times. Fuel efficiency is excellent. Handling is actually pretty good compared to our Revo which exhibits very high amount of body roll in just about any corner. Performance is similar to the Revo, with better low end but inferior high end. The ride is very jittery especially at the back. EDSA was a bouncy nightmare! I was running 70-90km/h- quite the norm in EDSA when traffic condition is light- the rear passengers said it felt much faster than it actually is and they were bouncing all over the place.

Oh, and did I mention that the factory recommended tire pressure for the stock 205/70/R15 tires was 65psi?

4. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    An uncle and aunt of mine has a 2012 Isuzu D-Max IPV (4JA1-L engine) as a business vehicle. I have driven it a couple of times. Fuel efficiency is excellent. Handling is actually pretty good compared to our Revo which exhibits very high amount of body roll in just about any corner. Performance is similar to the Revo, with better low end but inferior high end. The ride is very jittery especially at the back. EDSA was a bouncy nightmare! I was running 70-90km/h- quite the norm in EDSA when traffic condition is light- the rear passengers said it felt much faster than it actually is and they were bouncing all over the place.

Oh, and did I mention that the factory recommended tire pressure for the stock 205/70/R15 tires was 65psi?
    37 psi lang max ko sa rear tyres ng D-max 3.0-litre chief GTi, 29 psi lang sa harap.... Pero, matagtag talaga mga leaf springs, walay kakupas-kupas dodong nako haha!

Pero mas less naman tagtag ng the D-max 3.0 TD Intercooler (previous 4JH1-TC) compared sa 4JJ1-TC 3.0 Ddi-iTEQ.

As far as the D-max 2.5 4JA1-L naman, yup matibay kung matibay ang makina just like our Crosswind, BUT naman naman, jurassic 1997 base powerplant na yan na hanggang ngayon ayaw pa rin palitan ni Isuzu ahahay.... Kupad pa't maingay hehe

Cheers!

5. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by d_mac View Post
    37 psi lang max ko sa rear tyres ng D-max 3.0-litre chief GTi, 29 psi lang sa harap.... Pero, matagtag talaga mga leaf springs, walay kakupas-kupas dodong nako haha!

Pero mas less naman tagtag ng the D-max 3.0 TD Intercooler (previous 4JH1-TC) compared sa 4JJ1-TC 3.0 Ddi-iTEQ.

As far as the D-max 2.5 4JA1-L naman, yup matibay kung matibay ang makina just like our Crosswind, BUT naman naman, jurassic 1997 base powerplant na yan na hanggang ngayon ayaw pa rin palitan ni Isuzu ahahay.... Kupad pa't maingay hehe

Cheers!

Natuwa ako nung nakita ko yung 65psi. Pero considering na pang 15 passengers yun...

In the application with the D-max IPV, di naman siya sobrang ingay IMHO, just a bit more than the noisier ones of today's CRDi engines. Makupad nga lang talaga. Hanggang mga 80 ayos naman, pero beyond that ang bagal na umakyat...

1997? Mabago-bago pa yan! Yung unang Ddi na 4JX1 nga eh introduced in 1998. Consider the compatriots of the 4JA1,Toyota's 2L and Mitsubishi's 4D56, both of which are from the 80s. The 2L's honorably retired, but the 4D56 goes on and on and on...

6. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    ride, comfort, & maintenance.....for me the best na kunin mo is ung Pajero FM. pasok pa sa budget mo!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
What's the Best All-Around 2nd Hand Vehicle 450K Can Buy?