New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Hi Guys

This is my first time to buy a second hand car and i don't really have any idea on the things i should do. Could somebody give me a list of things i have to check, and make sure i should accomplish before i close the deal? (e.g transfer of ownership, what documents i should get from the owner,etc)

Just want to make sure i don't have to worry for anything after i get the car.

Thanks!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    signed deed of sale
    original OR/CR
    sedula ng seller
    xeroxed ID ng seller

siyempre most important that your would be car is in tip top condition.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    add ko lang pa-verify mo muna sa TMG and LTO ung vehicle baka mamya carnap pala o peke OR/CR mo. I've seen a lot of "original OR/CR" and believe me when I say hindi mukang peke ang mga ito.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    and make sure yung signature sa OR ay sakto sa signature sa deed of sale, sa xerox sa ID at cancellation of mortgage(if needed) papahrapan ka ng LTO kung hindi esakto yung pirma...

5. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Check the CR and see if there is a notation stating that the vehicle is "Encumbered". This means that the vehicle is still owned by the bank or some financial institution. Do not sign the deed yet. You need to demand that the seller should provide a signed release paper form the lending institution if he/she claims that the vehicle is already paid in full. Better yet, you should ask the seller to clear up the CR with the LTO where the vehicle is first registered. (A new CR without the encumbered notation should be released by LTO).

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    FYI: para mas madaling tandaan, "Encumbered" CRs are colored blue, while regular CRs are yellow.
    Signature

7. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    just bought a 2nd hand a week ago Bro,paa may peace of mind ka,have it checked at the nearest TMG office first to know if the car you are buying is not stolen,they will have it check including the chassis & engine #,dun mo malalaman kung tampered,one thing more,test drive mo ng maraming beses ung oto pra malaman mo kung may sira,ung sa akin pag kuha nmin (after ng payment) sa daan pa lang pauwi alaman nmin na may sira pala ang aircon biglang nawalan ng freon,once lang kse nmin na test-drive e,gumagana nman ung aircon nung kinuha namin,.but anyway ok lang na may konting minor repairs,mas mahirap pag papers ang problema....kunin mo ung or/cr,deeds of sale,valid ID ng owner,another deeds of sale kung 2nd owned na sya,karamihan kc ngaun open deed of sale na e,kahit meron syang PNP clearance befre check mo pa rin,mas ok kung ksma sya dala n ung oto sa TMG office...gudluck sa new car mo!

8. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    hey guys, this is really helpful. If you have anything to add here, just do so. I'll very much appreciate it =)

9. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Not to hijack the thread...pero curious lang ako sa bayaran...

Cash? Check? Kung cash, di naman magdadala ng P300,000 yong seller sa meeting place(maholdap pa sya). Ang buyer naman, di naman siguro tatanggap ng cheke(pag tumalbog yon?).

So paano kino-close usually yong deal with regards sa bayaran kung strangers pareho ang buyer at seller? Sa bank ba ang venue ng exchange?

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    yup, ako lagi sa bank nagexhange ng deal whether buy or sell, wag ka magdala ng cash outside ng bank, better to have the seller go to your bank and dun na magpirmahan while you withdraw para paglabas nya wala ka na risk, delikado ngayon panahon.

If you're the one selling, sa bank mo rin para diretso deposit sa account mo. mahirap na baka may peke pa kasama.

Regarding buying 2nd hand cars, pag di mo kilala seller DON'T BELIEVE EVERYTHING HE TELLS YOU, may sinungaling yan palagi. Besides checking the car (may thread dito), VERY IMPORTANT to have it cleared sa TMG first, also have the CR checked sa LTO kung saan registered to make sure legit and no problems.

Kung OK na car magbigay ka nalang earnest money para at least kampante naman seller bibilhin mo before going to TMG. kung manloloko talaga at least earnest money lang nawala mo. If the seller refuses any step sa pagcheck mo, walk away baka maloko kapa.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
What are the things to do b4 closing the deal on buying 2nd hand cars