New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    we are just replying to the TS query which is LEGAL AGE TO OWN A VEHICLE and not LEGAL AGE TO BUY ETC.

another example, what if the legal owner of one of erap's SUV is 101 y/o Doņa Mary? really she has the CAPACITY but when trouble arises definitely the husband and/or sons/daughter can step up anytime.

let's stick to the topic. peace

2. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    ^^ i just did. but in the course of the discussion there seemed to be a deviation. i was trying to polish some...but if you aren't taking it gracefully, feel free to disregard my inputs. i am just happy writing and publishing them..having you read it is just a bonus.

we're having an epic discussion here. but i just did that to defend the veracity of my post. but i'm happy, for the chance to just air my thoughts incognito...

...all in the context of an academic discussion during this otherwise boring 1st day of the year. i can't go out, i am still dazed from sleep deprivation.

but you guys are brilliant! grateful for the chance to have this intellectual intercourse/discourse.

sorry, OT.
    Last edited by ab_initio; January 1st, 2009 at 02:55 PM.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by GhettoChild View Post
    what is the legal age to own a vehicle?
    a minor (a child, anyone less than 18, i believe) may not legally own property (a car) by buying it himself.
    but a minor may acquire and own property (a car) by inheriting it or if someone legally donates it to him.
    a minor can not legally sell the car or property in his name, unless his parents or legal guardian sign(s) the document.
    lawyers, tama ba?

4. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Hmm pwede naman ata kahit anong age, pano kung bigay lang sayo hehehe.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Atty Dimagiba, would u pls intervene?

but IMO, anybody here in the Phils can own a vehicle (meaning "LTO registered in his/her name", however, if minor- shoould be with a "guardian" who shall act as his/her signatory till he/she reach the age of suffrage...
    agree sir dr.d? --- parang "Bank ACCOUNT"... his/her name is listed on the "account name" but with a "BY" (by the guardian)

-paging Atty...

pati ba yan pinagdedebatihan natin??? pag binigyan ka ng kotse, matuwa ka na.. even if its its under your parents name, it is still yours.

ako i could say i owned my maxima when i was 12.. i told my parent straight, "akin to ha" kaya eto hanggang ngayon kotse ko parin... even if nakapangalan parin sa mom ko, i'm the one responsible for it.

ang unang sasakyan that is registered in my name is the delica. when i'm 18--that the age where in your are responsible na for your action, and your parents can do little about your action. kaya pag 18-above ka na, pag nakasakit,nanloko o nakapatay ka, di ka pwede i-shoulder na ng magulang mo ang ginawa mo. thats the law wala tayo magagawa dyan...

anyway, to be short, the legal age is 18. thats it. and remember, if you want na magkakotse ka sarili, dapat may TIN ka na! heck even having a licence dapat may TIN ka na.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve21 View Post
    Hmm pwede naman ata kahit anong age, pano kung bigay lang sayo hehehe.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gen. Miting View Post
    pano kung 3 months old palang yun bata na pinamanahan, will that be considered age already? or age is always equal to 1 above
    the query is: LEGAL AGE TO OWN A VEHICLE. ownership has at least two faces.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by alwayz_yummy View Post
    pati ba yan pinagdedebatihan natin??? pag binigyan ka ng kotse, matuwa ka na..
    oo nga naman :lol:

iirc the civil code sez that they are only certain ways to acquire ownership of properties. three of them are already mentioned in this thread.

kung may doubt -- the legal age to say that you can really own a car is when YOU CAN BUY IT BY YOUR SELF!

maliwanag??? BY YOUR SELF!

you get the point..

other than that, well... it is not really "owned" by you....but still, ITS YOURS.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
what is the legal age to own a vehicle?