New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2010
    Kia's are slightly hard to sell much more the old models. Kia just show more good markets lately. and not that much peoples choice.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by drich_enriquez View Post
    Ask ko lang, kapag after 10 years na yung Kia Carnival eh baka hihirapin ka ibenta yan? Unlike the Crosswind and Adventure, may bibili yan.
    yan din ang inisip ko sir drich...among the plus factors sir GTi mentioned, there are also minuses I have thought of...siguro after 5 years o pag talagang
    nasimot mo na ang usefulness nung vehicle bago puro sakit na lang ng sakit ay ibenta na lang ng murang-mura....haaay, that would be the last resort na pag wala na talagang kukuha...dun na babagsak sa "BEST OFFER"

Quote Originally Posted by mikomac View Post
    Kia's are slightly hard to sell much more the old models. Kia just show more good markets lately. and not that much peoples choice.
    Hmmm... ganun ba sir... I didn't notice that much, but come to think of it, Hyundai, the
    other korean maker has a good dictate in the value of their old models...iba talaga pag nakuha
    mo ang appeal ng pinoy market hehehe...

3. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    ^
    for a 2001 model, Crosswind na lang talaga due to better FC. Then Advie, Revo as the list will go.
    Last edited by Ry_Tower; February 23rd, 2011 at 05:22 PM.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    double post

5. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Would anyone care to help me develop this checklist to be used
    when I'll be actually checking the OLD DINOSAUR... I cannot just
    seem to rely solely on the expertise of a hired Mechanic to do all
    the checking....I have to have something to say being the owner
    so please help me on what to check, what to ask and of course
    why is that? hehehe... appreciate all your efforts guys..
    your one liners post will be a big help to me....

Quote Originally Posted by im_mblue View Post
    Guys,
    WHAT TO CHECK AND WHY ON A 2001 (XWIND):
    A. DOCUMENTS:
    A1. CR: valid ba?how to check kung totoo?
    A2. OR: updated ba?paso na ba?
    A3. insurance coverage: year of coverage lang?anong coverage?
    A4. Owners manual: if available?
    A5. Maintenance Records: if available?
    A6. Owner Credentials (IDs): Necessary ba?
    A7. ....(Anything else worth mentioning???)

B. VEHICLE:
    B1. Engine: alin ang babantayan ko
    B2. Cooling system: alin ang bantayan??
    B3. Exhaust system: alin ang bantayan...yung kalawang?mounting bracket?
    B4. Power Steering and steering system:
    B5. Suspension System:
    B6. Transmission:
    B7. Brake system:
    B8. Body / Chasis: Kalawang lang? Dents? Gas-gas? tapal? bumper deffects? flooring? faded/uneven paint finish
    B9. Doors and Windows: hinges?kalawang?upholstery?power window mechanism? door locks and knobs?
    B10. Tires, diferentials, linkages:...loose joints?tire cracks?tire treads?
    B11. Side mirrors, glass works: cracks?loose mirrors?no mirrors?
    B12. Electrical system:rewired??, burn stains??, wire routing?? lighting indicators functioning??, busted lamps???switches??
    B13. Car seat, mechanism and upholstery: torn upholstery?broken mechanism for folding seats??, worn springs????
    B14. Air Conditioning: compressors???filters??
    B15. Foot pedals: clutch, brake, throttle pedals..may titingnan pa ba ako dito?
    B16. Fuel System: fuel Tank body, level indicator, hoses???ano bantayan ko dito?
    B17. (NEED MORE SUGGESTIONS FROM YOU THAT ARE WORTH MENTIONING)

6. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    A friend of mine is selling their Kia Carnival. I'm not sure about the year model and transmission type but what I've heard/know that it is less used due to its maintenance cost and a defective part(s).

7. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Marichelle View Post
    A friend of mine is selling their Kia Carnival. I'm not sure about the year model and transmission type but what I've heard/know that it is less used due to its maintenance cost and a defective part(s).
    ...Yes mam/sir, medyo malakas konsumo and I assume parts are not so many except siguro sa mga surplus shops...slowly Im reading the problems at the other threads on Sedona/Carnival just so sir GTi won't frown on me for not doing my homework hehehe...., I'll keep reading pa... I would be interested more on the negatives para ma-convince ako na di magpadalos-dalos hehehe.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    crosswind ka nalang sir, yung highlander extreme(last model ata bago naging crosswind) na naiwan sa amin dati super tipid sa diesel at malamig ang aircon, medjo magaan nga lang yung steering niya pero sanayan nalang din siguro. reklamo ko lang dun eh maingay ang makina, iba ang ingay ng isuzu

9. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    B. VEHICLE:
    B1. Engine: if the car stalls. & if the idling is unusually low
    B2. Cooling system: if the engine heats up fast after performing a cold start.
    B3. Exhaust system: yep. yung kalawang & mounting. baka may part na diyan na kinakain ng kalawang, di mo alam, bigla nalang mahulog yan.
    B4. Power Steering and steering system: if the steering is unusually heavy and if may lag sa response ng manibela.
    B5. Suspension System: squeaks. and if sobrang bouncy na nung ride.
    B6. Transmission: for A/T, check ATF fluid. check mo yung unusual lag if meron.
    B7. Brake system: on an open road, pwede mo i-try i-full stop from a certain speed *30kph to test if the brakes response quickly.
    B8. Body / Chasis: dami. paint. dents. scratches. etc.
    B9. Doors and Windows: may rubber lining usually ang doors, that could be one way to determine whether the vehicle is flooded up to the roof or not. kasi may putik diyan minsan.
    B10. Tires, diferentials, linkages: treads, check if they're thin already. lagay ka piso dun sa spaces in between.
    B11. Side mirrors, glass works: mga nabanggit mo.
    B12. Electrical system: try all electrical systems. windows, lights, etc. etc.
    B13. Car seat, mechanism and upholstery: again, sa ilalim ng seat mo pwede malaman if the car is flooded or not. i-taas mo carpeting.
    B14. Air Conditioning: isuzu's a/c is actually good. check mo if mahina na a/c.
    B15. Foot pedals: kung sobrang tigas ng clutch. and those you have mentioned.
    B16. Fuel System: pwede yung indicator. try to fill up the car 500 pesos. tignan mo kung gagalaw. wag 200, kasi there are some cars na hindi tumataas ang gauge pag kinargahan ng onti.

last but not the least, bring a trusted mechanic with you to check the unit itself.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by fullmetal View Post
    crosswind ka nalang sir, yung highlander extreme(last model ata bago naging crosswind) na naiwan sa amin dati super tipid sa diesel at malamig ang aircon, medjo magaan nga lang yung steering niya pero sanayan nalang din siguro. reklamo ko lang dun eh maingay ang makina, iba ang ingay ng isuzu
    Thanks sir fullmetal...appreciate to hear from an experienced user of the
    crosswind...how about yung body nya sir, wala pa bang tell tale signs na
    bumibigay na sa kalawang o lumalangitngit na yung hinges or mechanisms
    ng seat...dahil sa sobrang tagal na?...I would like to hear some more from
    your end sir...

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
What to Expect and inspect in buying a 2001 Adventure or 2001 Crosswind